“Great stay at Mount Panorama courtesy of Wotif.com”

Rydges Mount Panorama Bathurst
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bathurst
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were looking for a hotel in Bathurst for the night while driving from Canberra to visit family in the Blue Mountains and as normal tried Wotif.com. Rydges Mount Panorama came up as a Mystery deal and it was brilliant. The room overlooked the race track which is fantastic if your a petrol head.
The room was great, breakfast was excellent and it was superb vfm.
I was a little disappointed that the open air pool was cold and in the shade and the hot tub was not working but this did not detract from the stay. A pity that wifi is not included as it is in most hotels these days.
It was a bit difficult to find initially but once you realise its at the edge of the race track follow the signs for the race track and its next to it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew M, General Manager at Rydges Mount Panorama Bathurst, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Hi Tims_account and thank you for your review. I'm glad you got to enjoy an experience at the hotel via the Mystery deal, it is a great opportunity for travelers driving through town. The pool does get sun until about 3pm so can be very warm during the summer! I am happy to report the spa has now been fixed.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel over a number of years when visiting Bathurst on business. I always try and stay in a Studio Deluxe on a upper floor, which is excellent accommodation. It would even prove very comfortable for a stay for a family with up to two small children because of it's size and the spa bath is popular at bath time. The service is the past has been spot on. During my most recent stay I noticed a couple of issues. Two mornings is a row I noticed the queue on checkout was long with only one staff member working. Waiting for a colleague to check out took over 20 minutes; which is a bit long. I attended Chicane the in house restaurant a couple of times during my visit. The bar service each time was good and the staff are friendly. The floor staff on the night I had dinner seemed too busy, whether there was not enough to handle the number of patrons I am not sure. They were friendly but seemed stressed. Dinner service drinks didn't arrive until my main was finished. The dessert menu didn't arrive at all after it was requested at the end of the main.When you consider the price of the menu reflects similar higher level a la carte restaurants in major cities, the service or possibly the rostering could do with some attention. I enjoyed my stay, as always, but for my work colleague it was their first stay and first impressions weren't as positive.

Room Tip: Again upper level floors or Studio Deluxe.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Hi Brendan S, and thank you for taking the time to review us again. It is disappointing to read that the service was not up to the usual standard you have experienced previously, it seems there is a few simple things there not done well. Thank you for continuing to be a loyal guest of the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your next visit.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is a review of the Studio King room (4th floor). The 4th floor rooms has a shared balcony on the other side (race track side). So guests from other rooms can walk across to your balcony. The full glass door and wall meant the curtains had to be drawn the whole time if you wanted privacy. But it's great if you are entertaining people in your room. The Studio King is equipped for that. It has an oven, stove top, microwave, dishwasher, two-door fridge plus cutlery and pots for you to whip up a meal inside. Just remember to pull out the extractor fan so as not to trip the smoke alarm. Lovely kitchen bench and well positioned sink. The mini-bar offerings so extensive that I have never even seen kids' games being offered. [There was none in my room though.] The room is large and the only internal door is to your personal spa, shower and toilet. And there is a second toilet in the laundry area. No washing machine though but a laundry service is provided. The king size bed is actually two single beds joined - not to my pleasure! There is a split unit air conditioner in the room (not central air-conditioning). What are the things you have to watch out in this hotel? When you go down for a breakfast in the morning, they ask you for your coffee type - this is a chargeable item. Just say no, if you are into a standard coffee at the buffet. The buffet hot breakfast is sausages, eggs, hash browns, bacon. Fruits and museli plus toast and juice. Top up is not fast so grab what you can during peak hour. The staff is courteous throughout the hotel. If you are planning to work - you can't work while someone is watching TV because the table is right in front of the TV - something is wrong here with the layout. Internet is chargeable which is not acceptable in such an establishment these days. And the warning on the Internet usage is something you have to see for yourself. The service must be provided by the Copyright Police.

Room Tip: Avoid 4th floor if you do not want a shared balcony. The higher floors have private balconies. Watch...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Hi TwoSixFiveOh and thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. This is a very detailed review and a good opportunity for us to find out more about your experience. I'm sorry you felt that the breakfast wasn't topped up fast enough, as it is a buffet you are always entitled to ask for more of an item if it is missing when you would like it.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a weekend in November 2013, just catching up for Christmas with family.
We booked a 3 bedroom as we had 3 adults and 2 children. Check in went smoothly however upon walking to our room there was a dog jumping all over us. At the time I thought the owner just must of been visiting another guest. We were in apartment 110. We were all very impressed with the size of the room and how clean it was . I managed to convince my daughter to explore the hotel with me as she was shaken up from the dog incident earlier, as she is painfully afraid of them.
Unbelievable , we opened the door to the pool and there is yet again another DOG, bowling us over , to go back into the hotel. That was the end of the tour and it was straight back to our room.
So we pretty much spent the night listening to barking dogs whilst trying to sleep.
On our way to breakfast in the morning , we walked out of our room from a sleepless night to find a bird in the corridor . OMG what is going on?
When we checked out on the Sunday I asked what was the deal with the animals and reception told us that they have rooms allocated for pets. I really wish they had of told us this before hand. The room rate was $500 a night. Sooo disappointed . I have always been told if you don't have anything nice to say , don't say anything at all , however I really believe guests of the hotel should be aware of the pet policy on the bottom floor and not get caught out , the way we did. Usually we a huge fans of Rydges properties, but unfortunately not this one.

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Bin40

Hi Bin40, and thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am very sorry to hear that your daughter was caught off guard by pets in the hotel, especially at the pool as they should not be anywhere near there. We are currently reviewing the pet policy in the hotel, only continuing if there is a way to ensure the comfort of other guests is not affected.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed here on 29/11 easy drive reception was friendly free parking.Stayed in room 603 DELUXE STUDIO spacious,clean,good size spa for 2,full kitchen no oven,full size fridge you could stay for a week.Great views of mount panorama. CHICANE BAR & GRILL could not fault service was very good 3 course meal was one of the best I've had. Standard buffet breakfast. Will be back.We done a lap of the race track before leaving doing road work 40 klm wouldn't believe it there was a copper coming opposite direction cannot get away from them.

Room Tip: pay a bit more for better room&spa room 603 was good
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew M, General Manager at Rydges Mount Panorama Bathurst, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Hi sandyandalan, and thank you for the great review. I'm glad we could surprise you with our cleanliness, quality and service, it sounds like you had a great stay! The road works on the track should be finished within the next few weeks and are for a good cause; a brand new surface (although I wouldn't push the 60 speed limit as yes, there are almost always police patrols on the Mount).

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed on business, two rooms booked but didn't put us close by even though booked on one booking, rooms clean nice. Didn't bother with breakfast second day as still awful,we have stayed there before and was terrible, rooms well equipped to make your own if you bring food. Another draw back was the bar closes early, decided go back to hotel on the thurs for night cap, but was shut, (only 9.50pm) after finishing the conference dinner (which was at the hotel) on the fri there was a few people all ready for a drink (only 9.45pm) and again shut! could of sold a few drinks guys, surely the manager should of thought of this knowing dinner was on! As i stay was a good room etc but little things spoil the experience.

Room Tip: take your own breakfast for some reason they cant get it right. and a drink for after hours!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Hi cherylngreg and thank you for the review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, but disappointing to hear about the shortfalls in our service. Our breakfast buffet is currently an area we are working very hard on to show to improve the variety and presentation. The bar should not have been closed at that time, and changes have now been made to ensure the bar is more available to the needs of our guests.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Room was very spacious with great facilities and wonderful views of Mount Panorama. Hotel is quiet and away from the centre of town. Breakfast could have been hotter but apart from that, it was excellent!

Review collected in partnership with Sunlover Holidays

Hi vic2850 and thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and note down your feedback about breakfast as we are working very hard on this area at the moment.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.