“Nice quiet sleep. Pity about the shower”

Rydges Mount Panorama Bathurst
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Bathurst
Newcastle, Australia
“Nice quiet sleep. Pity about the shower”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The hotel is in a great location, with all rooms offering views of the track and up the famous mountain, especially on the higher levels. I got upgraded to a suite, which was a HUGE room. The sleep was the great, and very quiet. The shower head was awful, seriously the worst I've ever seen. I had my first bath in probably 5 years as a result!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Andrew M, General Manager at Rydges Mount Panorama Bathurst, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Hi Justin_and_Sylvia, and thank you for your review. I'm sorry the shower wasn't up to standard, this shouldn't be the case and can be fixed. We have identified the room you were in during your stay to ensure that this is not the case moving forward.

Andrew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Having stayed in a few other 'establishments' in Bathurst I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the Rydges at Mount Panorama. I had a room on level 3 which meant I could walk out through the glass sliding doors for a ground-level view over Conrod Straight. I gather these rooms would be coveted during race meets. The rooms are tastefully decorated with a motor racing theme but thankfully it's not overdone. I found the room to be spacious, the bed very comfortable and the bathroom clean and functional. A small kitchenette would also be handy if guests were keen to cook for themselves but I decided to take advantage of the breakfast offered at the Chicane restaurant. This consisted of a good selection of cooked and continental buffet options, and the espresso was very nice indeed. I would definitely stay here again if travelling to Bathurst. A small note is that while the hotel is very handy to Mount Panorama a car is needed to get into town. However, the restaurant on-site is highly recommended.

2 Thank CoffsFamily
Andrew M, General Manager at Rydges Mount Panorama Bathurst, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Hi CoffsFamily and thank you for the great review. I'm glad we could surprise you and deliver a great stay, we work hard to deliver a regional experience with all the comforts of a city hotel. Great to read also that you enjoyed Chicane for breakfast and coffee.

Sydney
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed in a deluxe studio room for 2 nights last weekend. It was certainly very nice to smell the country fresh air rather than the smog of Sydney. The view over the racetrack was simply magnificent.

Check in was smooth. I wouldn't expect anything less from Rydges, having stayed at many of their hotels in Australia.

I was given a room on the top floor as I had requested. The room was massive and looked new. I was able to cook up a storm on the first night!!!! One major complaint I had was the stinky bathroom. There must have been something wrong with the sewerage system. Everytime I flush the toilet, there would be a rotten egg smell. It was so bad that I had to close the toilet door to isolate the smell. I raised this with the staff at check out. Hopefully this problem is rectified.

I had dinner at the Chicane Bar and Grill on night 2 of my stay. All the food was nicely presented. I particularly liked the entree of pork belly. So yummy!!! The rib eye was a bit on the tough side, even though I requested it be cooked rare. The servings were of a decent size and I just managed to squeeze in a dessert, which was the sampler for 2.

Breakfast was included in my package, but it wasn't as good as what I had expected from Rydges. There were not many choices available, but quite tasty.

All in all, a very enjoyable stay and I would not hesitate staying at this hotel the next time I'm in Bathurst.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi ng_ryan and thank you for your great review. Our deluxe rooms on the top floor do give a great outlook over the track and great that you could make use of the kitchenette. I have identified your room from a comment at check out and I am happy to report we have fixed the issue (replaced the toilet...).

Thank you for your feedback regarding the restaurant, while it was great you enjoyed your experience, I wish everything had been up to expectation. We take the feedback on board to ensure we get it better next time.

Sydney
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment which was huge - we have 3 children so this hotel, unfortunately like many, would not accommodate us in a 2 bedroom which would have been suffice and cheaper. But the room was very clean with 2 lovely bathrooms and spa bath. Hotel restaurant was good too with friendly staff and nice food.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hi Catherine S and thank you for the great review. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed the 3 bedroom apartment; they are special rooms which make for a great family stay. We currently don't have any 2 bedroom apartments, however are hoping to have some come online towards the end of this year so maybe by your next trip?

Maitland
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed in a deluxe studio room for three nights. It is a great sized room and very comfortable.There was a king size bed, lounge, spa bath, kitchenette (oven, stove top, dishwasher) and a second toilet. It has it's own balcony overlooking the famous track. I found the service excellent and whilst I didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel is was definitely a good nights sleep. I took a walk around the track one morning with the many others that indulge, it takes about an hour. There is a small gym on site as well. I didn't eat at the hotel but did pick up some food to cook in the kitchenette and that works well. It isn't close to town but is only a $10-15 taxi ride. Overall a top quality place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view of Mount Panorama. Level 5 and above have individual balconies.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hi Brendan S, thank you for your great review. Its great to hear you enjoyed your stay, and managed to get a walking lap around the track, an hour is a good time!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights during a driving holiday to Victoria. We found the room very spacious, comfortable and serviced to a high standard. The kitchen facilities were beyond our expectations for a hotel which enabled us to self cater for breakfast and even dinner one night. The view out over the racing track was a one-off experience and my husband drove the track a number of times and enjoyed the Motor Racing Museum while we were there. We ordered room service for dinner one night but found the salmon main meal to be poor value; an entree sized meal for $35. However, apart from that experience, overall, we really enjoyed our stay and the location very quiet while we were there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi porge, and thank you for the great review. It was great that you could enjoy the room, and the location right on the track, nothing like walking out of your room in the motor racing heaven!

I'm sorry you felt the Salmon main was poor value, this is something we will take on board and look at closely for the future. I hope the quality of the meal was OK, and the rest of you meal was up to standard.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I travel to Bathurst for work often and this is the best place I have found to stay. Not close to town but restaurant onsite is very nice so easy to go downstairs for evening meal. This is my first choice when I travel here.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hi lozzamc, and thank you for your great review. I'm glad you have had great experiences on several occasions and I'm confident we will continue to provide a great experience for many stays to come.

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the future.