“Basic amenities - good for a short stay”

Governor Macquarie Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bathurst
Sydney, Australia
“Basic amenities - good for a short stay”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed for a 2 night stay. Small rooms but basic and clean. Our room had a strong smell of sewerage in the late afternoon. Was told it was building works occurring at the adjoining property. Tried their best to alleviate the problem, however all the twin rooms are being renovated with new bathrooms within the next week, and so was told that all will be fixed and sorted after then. Fan not working in bathroom, hot water tap not working correctly, WI FI connection was a little difficult to achieve - Minor issues but generally sorted.

Breakfast doesn't open until after 7.30am - so if you off to a early start for sporting activities etc, you'll miss out here. No hot breakfast - cold only.

A basic room - nothing flash, but does the job.

Room Tip: Ensure if you choose a twin room - ask for a newly renovated one..!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Copthat1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a couple of nights earlier this week. A good location just one street back from the main highway and just a short walk to the city centre. I was made to feel very welcome by Wendy at reception. Nothing was any trouble for her and went a long way to making the stay a very pleasant one. Free Wi-Fi and signal was very good from my room. Why can we not get this when staying in the hotels in the major city centres. A light but reasonable continental breakfast was included. I don't need to have a full breakfast every day when on the road, so this was just the right amount. Would stay here again when visiting Bathurst.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I stayed in this motel for 4 nights in March 2014 with a colleague when we were in Bathurst for business. The owner, Wendy, is what makes this establishment shine, she really cares about the comfort and satisfaction of her clients. Upon checking in, we weren't happy with the rooms we were allocated (standard room, I believe they were called). The standard rooms are very small, and did not suit our requirements (we do computer work after hours daily). This booking was in no way the fault of the owners, as the booking was made through AOT (other government employees will understand). After I called AOT, Wendy was more than happy to allocate us to different rooms, and so we stayed in executive suites. The room was large, clean and spacious, with updated furnishings and a king size bed. The bathroom is a bit dated, but the shower was strong with plenty of hot water available. You must remember this is not a shiny, newly built motel, it's established and updated, but well cared for. It was nice room to return to after a long days' work. Plenty of parking, close to the park and off the main road. Walking distance to town. I would stay here again, and will recommend it to my other colleagues (albeit advising them to stay away from the standard rooms!).

Room Tip: The standard rooms are very small. If travelling for business, it's worth selecting a higher lev...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Port Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My room was called 'deluxe' and by that measure I wouldn't want to stay in anything less. The staff were amazingly friendly and the motel a close walk to the town centre. However, the overwhelming smell of carpet freshener and other artificial scents nearly knocked me over when I entered my room. The furnishings were old and tired and the bathroom very dated but as I was only there for a night I wasn't too worried. I had the best night's sleep in ages. The block out curtains and the fact that the motel was away from the main road meant that there were no distractions at all. Breakfast was included in the tariff and was most adequate. I would stay there again for business and for a night at a time but nothing more.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, good sized room with comfortable bed, tea and coffee, hair dryer etc. had a good nights sleep, ample parking with security. Breakfast was basic but sufficient. Overall very good. Room was up a small flight of outdoor steps. Used the laundry room, basic but no fee.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank monenaManchester
Gosford, Australia
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed 1 night in a fairly large room, it was fairly quiet and very clean. We choose this hotel for its off the main road location and free WiFi access.
The only time I had good WiFi access was by standing on the outside walkway, in the room I had to hold my phone very close to the window to get reasonable reception.
Besides the lousy WIFI access (which meant a LOT to me) the stay was good.

Room Tip: If you want WiFi access ask for a room where you get good reception, else stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed December 7, 2013

From the first moment walking into the reception it had a nice feel - guy at reception was there when we arrived and there when we left - so professional and friendly! After having a bad experience earlier in the week in Bathurst we asked for an inspection prior to booking in - our room was roomy, clean, and linen so clean and pressed, bed comfortable....towels were WHITE AS and SOFT. Furniture was in theme with the name and a 45" TV. Off the main street, room was quiet even with a couple of groups of guys around us. Lucky to get a special pricing, also included a "complimentary continental breakfast" which was the best with fresh juices & percolated coffee, local bread and fruits. Believe they are available 24 hours if your late in. Loved the wall dispensers with shampoo, conditioner, hand cream, shaving cream and soap - great idea!
Only downfall was steps - Already planning on returning in Autumn. Thanks guys!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple