“Brilliant Stay at Coachouse Marina Resort Batemans Bay!”

Coachhouse Marina Resort
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Batemans Bay
“Brilliant Stay at Coachouse Marina Resort Batemans Bay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is great! We stayed there for about a week and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The manager is lovely and he and his wife welcomed us warmly. We were in a wonderful location where we could easily access restaurants, shops, tourist activities and more! Our rooms were clean and were very low maintenance. There were many activities provided to occupy your kids like parks, tennis courts, volleyball courts, solar heated pool and bile hire all on site whilst you enjoy a glass of wine. The staff were very friendly and greeted us with a smile on their face every morning. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and we will definitely be going back! If you
Are looking at Batemans Bay for a holiday definitely check out this luxurious resort by the beach!

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I just had 5 days at the Coachhouse Marina Resort with my kids and brother and his kids. After staying at many resort style places up the east coast, we rate this as one of the best for facilities, cost, services and location. Our unit was fully self contained and plenty of room. The managers, Matty and Sara we excellent and thanks to all the staff. Kids were totally entertained and never bored of things to do. Fishing at your door step!! While the cabins were all booked up, there is plenty of space and did not feel as busy as it was. We will be back next year.

Room Tip: Any room on the water is great. Pick one with afternoon sun for a drink at the end of the day. Cabin...
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Just returned from a 3 night stay at Coach House in one of their Queenslander villas. Good size accommodation, even for a family of 5. The waterfront location and on-site facilities are great for families and even though the resort was fully booked, the resort never felt crowded or noisy.
However, there is a lack of attention to detail of the facilities at the resort. Upon arrival on the Friday, I reported a light bulb missing in our villa. Had not been replaced by the time we checked out on Monday morning.
Also, my wife wanted to use the gym facilities but the room was locked. When she went to reception to ask for the gym to be opened, she was told by the staff "The gym facilities are not that good, you would be better off going for a jog". My wife said she had just been jogging and wanted to use the gym. The reception staff then told her they would open the gym in half an hour. When my wife returned to the gym, it was still locked.
The solar heated pool did not feel as though it was heated and the wi-fi in un-usable.
The resort has all the right ingredients, additional focus on the details would make it an excellent destination.

Canberra, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

For everybody to know, I went with my wife and two kids, one of them is 2 years old, who sleeps around lunch time ans we couldn't get in, till extrictly 2pm, so being there since 10 am, we made time till midday we went back at 1 pm and still saying the cabin were still not clean and nothing till 2 pm so we waited in the car in front of reception till 2pm and then we could get in, meanwhile my son sleeping in the car. Next day coming back from the beach, I did shower my kids and when it was my turn, with all my body with soap and head with shampoo, I open the tap and no water came out, so my wife rang to reception, and after waiting in the shower for almost 30min, I had to wash myself with bottled water that we previously bought at the shops, lucky me, otherwise I would be still waiting in the shower and of course my wife left with sand from the beach unable to wash herself, I went to reception to do a formal complain and the didn't care at all, they said it wasn't their fault and that's it, not even a sorry, as the were closing reception at 5 pm, I don't know what sort of costumer service was that.... At night time was freezing cold and no heaters in the cabin, imagine how bad is that with a 2 year's old, not sure what people would do in winter without heating, ad well to finish, the windows flyscreens made so small that were hanging out of the windows so better keep the windows close during the day as not great flyers or mosquito protection and the hair dryer didn't work, not a pleasent family stay, the wifi connection like not existing, that's how bad it was, i ended up using my normal phone internet connection, a lot faster even having poor reception, I would not go back even for free stay and not recommend to anyone, forgot to mention restaurant not operating and kids playground very old but that's the least important of all...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
CoachhouseMarina, General Manager at Coachhouse Marina Resort, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Danijl26,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments.

It is disappointing to read that you did not enjoy your stay, as we received some fantastic feedback from our other guests about the resort’s facilities, villa's cleanliness and stunning water front location.

Once again we are sorry that we could not accommodate you when you arrived at the resort at 9.30am for an early check, although you would have to agree your request was a bit unreasonable since our check out time is 10.00am and the other guests had not even vacated your villa when you arrived to check in. Our other guests (including families with young children) who arrived prior to the availability of their villa, did not mind waiting, as they understood that it is a busy time being school holidays and it also takes time to clean the villas, they utilised this time to explore the beautiful beaches and attractions around Batemans Bay like Mogo Zoo and the Botanical Gardens.

It is unfortunate that you have exaggerated with regards to our reception closing times, as our reception on Friday and Saturday evening close no earlier than 7.00pm. Also, as per my conversation with your husband at 6.00pm with regards to the water I clearly remember apologising to him and in turn tried to explain to him that the loss of water was out of our control (and it had just been turned back on after about 40 minutes) as it was due unforseen circumstances in which the water was suddenly turned off by Eurobodalla Council without prior notice, which not only affected our resort but also surrounding properties.

I am sorry that you did not read the displayed advertising or notice that our Bistro was open on Friday and Saturday evenings as our other guests had a very enjoyable experience.

It is a bit unusual as from your comments some of the appliances and equipment in your villa were non-existent or did not work, including the reverse cycle air conditioning unit that is installed in the villa (which could have assisted you if you were cold). Since receiving your comments I have checked these items and they all are in good working order.

Kind regards

Resort Management
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We only stayed here for 1 night but found this place to be clean with very pleasant surroundings. Good facilities available - tennis court, pool, kids playground. Pool unheated, but a good size. Gardens and landscaping were well kept. The go-kart that we used had a broken pedal, but kept us amused. Would stay here again & would recommend for families. Friendly helpful staff. The chocolates that were complimentary are nothing special, but were a nice welcome touch.

Melbourne, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed 2 nights with our two children. Sept 2013. The resort is in a lovely location and has a nice pool area. The cabin we stayed in was old and although had everything that was advertised we felt like we had stepped into the 1970's. I mean, everything was old, although it was Clean, very, very basic. For $150 a night, not what we expected and the poorest value for money we have experienced. Yes we do have a lot of experience.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend this resort unless you pay around $80 a night.
2 Thank Wendy C
Dear Wendy C,

Thank you for your feedback.

It is lovely to read that you thought that the resort’s location and pool area were fantastic.

Although, it is disappointing that you do not believe that our budget Castaway Villa was not value for money especially since as we have not received such comments prior. As you stated you have a lot of experience, so it would be assumed that you did your research prior to booking your stay at the Coachhouse Marina Resort and realised that we are a stand alone fully self contained 4 Star resort in Batemans Bay.

If you were to revisit the resort I would suggest booking an luxury villa style like the Harbour View Villa that has a water view, complimentary outdoor BBQ, large indoor spa, 3 Bedrooms (1 x King Bed, 1 x Queen Bed, 1 x Triple Bunk) and 2 Bathrooms, as this might be better suited for you.

Kind regards

Resort Management
Shepparton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Three nights with one more to go. So far pretty good.
Great position and the view from our waterfront villa is spectacular. Restaurant not open which was, initially, a major disappointment. Having since read the menu I am no longer concerned. Service at reception was good, gardener and cleaners very friendly. Didn't see anyone else in authority. Would recommend but reckon it would be a pretty noisy place when fully occupied. Not a bad walk into town. Nearby Catalina Resort/Golf Club is a typical lack lustre amenity.. Slept beautifully to the sound of the wind and the waves.

Room Tip: The waterfront villas are more expensive but have great views and at this time of year are very quie...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple