“dissapointing...”

BIG4 Batemans Bay Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Batemans Bay
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Whilst the rooms were all nice and clean, we had to go and ask for our wine and the wifi was unable to be connected and multiple times was asked about, the park was nice, albeit not a close work from any major shops, seems good for kids.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank coldeoses27
Beachresort123, Manager at BIG4 Batemans Bay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Hi Coldeoses27

Thanks for taking the time in reviewing our Resort, Thanks for the positive feedback on the cleanliness of your cabin.
I can only appologise that the complimentary wine had been missed on your arrival and unfortunately with the Free wifi we are in the hands of a 3rd party looking after the server, while any problems are handled as swiftly as possible sometimes can take a little longer over weekends and public holidays.
Our Beachfront location is ideal being only 3km from Batemans Bay but only 10 minute walk to Batehaven shops, also 10 minute walk to the Catalina Country club.

Again Sorry you have been dissapointed on this stay, hopefully we will see you again.

Danny

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stopped over in our caravan for five nights on an ensuite site. Just a quick walk to the beautiful all weather beach and nearby Batehaven shops which include great fish and chips, newsagent, and bakery with excellent coffee. The park was immaculate and is ideally laid out with cabins and camp spaces which compliment each other, tennis, mini golf, playground etc. Amenities are excellent. Cable TV available to the van and free wireless. Ensuite was clean and roomy with plenty of hot water. The weekend was busy but atmosphere respectful. As we booked out we imagined the fun for families with school holidays ahead...safe, plenty of activities and choices to suit all comers. One of the best parks we have experienced. Thankyou.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CandJ60

Hi Candj60

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Resort, thanks also for the great feedback , I will share your review with all our team at the Resort. Great to hear from our caravanner friends, Safe travels.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed there a few days ago and was greeted by a lovely person at reception. She was friendly and pleasant. Once I got to my cabin which overlooked the water I went through and found a light out, this was fixed within 10 minutes of calling it in. The gentleman that fixed it was lovely to talk to and very friendly. The cabin was in great condition and felt homey to be in. I got to sit and relax and look out the patio and feel comfortable. I was able to cook dinner with a friend and not HAVE to go out, as the kitchen had pots and pans and everything we needed. I would recommend this place for anyone wanting to travel to Batemans Bay. Next time I go I'll definitely be going to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We have stayed at the BIG4 BBBR a number of times with our camper trailer and will continue to stay there into the future.
The camp kitchens are great and have good facilities - fridge & freezer, washing up sinks and BBQ's.
Travelling with 2 children we take full advantage of the pool, tennis courts, jumping pillow and mini-golf. A few times we've hired the kart bikes as well which the kids have enjoyed.
We have stayed on a number of sites and I prefer to be close to the grass camping areas on the perimeter of the property as these sites have trees to provide shade - some of the other sites are in full sun which I imagine is not very comfortable during the hot summer months.
It's just a short stroll over the sand dunes to the beach which is nice for the kids - no/little waves which is safe for the little ones.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rebecca C
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We camped at the resort for a week during the Xmas s hook holidays. We had a fabulous site right on the beachfront. The kids loved it, they had a variety of activities to do. Riding bikes, swimming in pool, games room, movies on the big screen at night and pancakes on Sundays. It was truly fantastic and we as parents could sit back and relax as well. Only negative was our site was quite close to some noisy campers. Great place to stay, we are looking forward to returning this year again.

Room Tip: Select a campsite away from the crowded power sites.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Georgia H
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Caravan parks and wheelchairs do not always combine well but thankfully ​more and more providers are improving their accessible accommodation options. Batemans Bay Beach Resort on the NSW south coast is setting a good standard for travelling 'wheelies'.

Life in a wheelchair can be challenging at the best of times so the last thing you want on holiday is to battle with your accommodation. A stay in Batemans Bay Beach Resort's Easy Access cabin was refreshingly free of hassles for me and my mobility scooter. Just to clarify for my fellow wheelies: I have very limited use of my legs and use a power chair at home but I usually travel with 'Little Red' my Pride Go Go four-wheeled scooter.

The accessible cabin was obviously purpose-built and is relatively new, pleasantly decorated and more than adequate for my needs and those of my carers (my husband and our eight-year-old son!). There is one disabled parking spot right outside the cabin, although we were beaten to it a number of times by someone with a valid permit. There was other parking close by, but as there is only one accessible cabin, I think it would be a good idea to package the spot with the cabin in some way.

Access to the cabin is by wooden ramp up to the deck which has a small table and chairs and an outdoor kitchen consisting of a bench, a barbecue and a sink with a flick-mixer tap (a thoughtful addition for disabled access).

Inside, the cabin has a kitchen, a small table, a sofa lounge and a queen size bed. The high ceilings give a feeling of space and a privacy curtain can be drawn across the room to separate the bed and bathroom. There is knee space under the kitchen bench and desk area (though strangely not under the sink). The pathway of travel through to the bathroom is manageable, even with the sofa bed out. Someone was really thinking when they put the bedside lights overhead on the wall and positioned the switch for the lights and the fans in the middle. A powerpoint beside the bed was perfect for charging my scooter.

For me, the biggest test of a property's accessibility is the bathroom and apart from a few tiny niggles, the cabin passed with flying colours. The wall-hung basin, flick-mixer taps, grab rails, toilet and turning circle were all there as you would expect. The small shelf near the basin and the complimentary toiletries in wall-mounted dispensers near the basin and in the shower were useful additions.

The eternal problem of providing a wheel-in shower that won't flood the entire bathroom was tackled with a very slight dip down into the shower floor. This kept the majority of the water in the shower area, but there was still a lot of over spray which could have been minimised with a more generous shower curtain. The fold-down shower chair was quite small and positioned directly in front of one of the grab rails which was a little uncomfortable on my back at times. It was adequate for a slight person, but I suspect that someone with a larger frame would struggle. Personally, I prefer a portable shower chair so that it can be positioned according to need.

At $800 for five nights, the cabin wasn't cheap, but it allowed us to enjoy a comfortable holiday with friends who were camping at the resort. The public areas, including the pool, camp kitchens, games room, jumping pillow and mini golf were all accessible to me on the scooter.​ The cleanliness of the entire park, the abundant bird life and the gentle sound of the Bay's ebb and flow were a delight. The resort also has en-suite, accessible camp sites​ so when we figure out a wheelie good camping solution, we will definitely return.

You can find more information about my travels at www.wheelieplanet.com

Room Tip: Unfortunately there is only one accessible cabin which sleeps three.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Well what can i say.... We stayed for five nights.. beautiful no grandkids no big kids and as quite as you want. The birds next door at birdland.. just enough and lovely. The room spotless spa great paper every morning such a relaxing stay. We went fishing and left our equipment on the verendah every night, I had a win at tennis (good court) just had so much fun while we were there. The Hosts Danny,Vicki and staff were only too helpful and went out of their way to make us feel comfortable during our stay. Best holiday ever.. bus to and from Catalina club great meals and also the camp kitchen good to cook the locally caught fish.. yummo and room doesnt smell fishy lol... I will be returning with the grandkids as i know they will enjoy this next holiday as much as we have. Money well spent ..thanks againg guys..

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple