“Stay away!!! Extremely rude management.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pleasurelea Tourist Resort

Pleasurelea Tourist Resort
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Batemans Bay
Canberra, Australia
“Stay away!!! Extremely rude management.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Do yourself a favour and stay away from this place. really rude management. I was going to buy an onsite van which I put a deposit of $300 on. But my husband said he didn't like the bate haven area so we decided to go elsewhere as is our choice. But for some very odd reason I got a call today from one of the management at pleasurelea stating That I should never have called the owners of the van to say I won't be buying it any longer as one should, I think it's called common sense and curtesy. and management went ballistic they were so rude she kept talking over me telling me to listen almost like she was chastising a dog. It's funny how people are only nice when they know there getting something. So happy and grateful I didn't even have the displeasure of staying at pleasurelea. #fake#people

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank 474San
Danny W, Manager at Pleasurelea Tourist Resort, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
As you can see from reviews the recent change in management and additional facilities targeting families, new 9 hole minigolf, outdoor movie screen, seasonal daily kids club, pancake breakfasts, coming soon Free Wifi, the owners and New management are taking the family holiday experience to a new level. Unfortunately although we try we can not please everyone, I am sorry you feel that one of our management team did not treat you in an appropriate manner. With all Holiday van sales as was explained, the reception handles enquiries and act as agents in showing and informing propective purchasers the vans, this is a privacy issue so we can protect the seller from undue stress. After one of our team members spent the morning going through the agreement (purchased at our cost) and showed you through the Van, processing a deposit (which had been done at 3 other parks in the area) to be called by the owner saying you no longer wanted it! We would have prefered the courtesy of a call to the office to advise you no longer wished to purchase. Again I apologise if you feel you were unduly treated.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We came in a campervan for 1 night with 2 small children.
There is a small playground next the pool and the shared BBQ area, which was great. There was also a tennis court, which my kids loved. Did not visit the restaurant however it seemed very popular for dining and watching sports.
They have 4 new cabins next to the shared area with facilities and they looked good from the outside, however I do not know.
Service was fine and we had a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a new cabin if you are looking for a stay in a cabin. They all have a BBQ and a small porch.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Geelong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed for 10 nights on an ensuite powered site (travel auction). Payed $10 a nite for the ensuite site. Pleasurelea tourist resort/park is a Top Tourist Park.
Our overall view was that it was just an ordinary park. Entrance to park is difficult to locate, no sign indicating entrance, only room for 1 caravan and vehicle at reception, roads were narrow and corners tight. Our ensuite was heated and clean with good water pressure and hot water. Our site was all concrete and our site was not suitable for a full annex, there were other sites which were all grass. Lots of permanent sites that were well maintained, staff were friendly and the restaurant was ordinary. Location was some distance from Batemans Bay city centre, nice bay across busy road opposite caravan park.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bruce P
Danny W, Manager at Pleasurelea Tourist Resort, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Hi Bruce P

Thank you for taking the time to review Pleasurelea Tourist Resort & Caravan Park.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay using the great value Travel auctions, as Pleasurelea is an older established Caravan Park, we are limited with local government with regards to signage & access, admittedly the roads are a little tight in places but are easily negotiated when taking time. With the recent change in Management we are striving to ensure our customer service is kept at a high level. Although we are 10 minutes from the hustle & bustle of Batemans Bay CBD, we have our own Restaurant and also mini bus (for group bookings).
Thanks Again
Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last year and loved it, lots of activities for the kids, happy hour and restaurant for adults (and suitable for kids). Staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful. I think some people expect 5 star service in a caravan park, go pay heaps more and stay somewhere else and stop whining! Pleasure lea rates are extremely reasonable.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank MaddieDJ
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay on one id the grassy sites at the back although there the mosquitos got annoying in the evening. Wasn't much of a problem though since we enjoyed the great food at the restaurant and called it a night after that. The showers at this ablution block are timered to 6min which is ok for "standard" showerers. Main ablutions block is not timered. Very clean! Friendly and helpful staff! A lot of families around but still quiet at night. Would come here again!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank CayeK
Geelong, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed 12 months ago with our caravan . Our van is 30 foot long and the roads quite narrow with cabins built right up to edge of road. Manager came ANC guided us in effortlessly. Staff were very polite, nice grassed sites, convenient to shops, beach eats. The have a fantastic little seafood restaurant on site and happy hour each afternoon where they provide nibbles. Highly recommend this place, staff are very friendly and polite

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank MaddieDJ
Hunter Valley
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I visited Batemans Bay to attend a family members wedding and chose to stay at Pleasurelea purely for the fact that it was a 30 second walk to my relatives house. Had I known what the service would be like and the state of the cabins I would have stayed elsewhere. The price I paid for the cabin was expensive considering the lack of amenities, furnishings and state of the room. When I arrived there, me and other members of my family went to check in and the reception staff were "unaware" we were staying that night and had us booked in only for the following night, even though my mother had spoken to the receptionist several times leading up to our stay to confirm the dates of our bookings. They told us we would have to wait for the cabins to be cleaned and it was strangely a short wait which very much concerned me. Working in the hotel industry myself I know the standard of cleanliness that is expected so the 10 minute wait was a great concern in that aspect.

After checking in, I noticed the cabin looked very sub-standard, had it been cheaper I wouldn't have really cared. The total lack of ammenities was dissapointing, they did not bother to replenish the one roll of toilet paper supplied that was actually half a roll obviously used by the last tenant. Not enough towels and no face washers, had to use a massive towel as a face washer because I had no other option. To be perfectly honest the furniture made my skin crawl as I was worried that I might catch something from sleeping in the bed unsure if they had actually changed the sheets or not in the 10 minute clean-up.

The following day the shower was freezing and I called reception to let them know I had no hot water. They said they would send some one down right away to have a look. Half an hour later no one had showed up and I needed to get ready to go to a wedding. I ended up asking my father who was staying in the cabin next door if he could help and he fixed it in 2 seconds. Didn't hear from any resort staff, nobody came to check out the problem.

After I got ready, me and my partner proceeded to leave the resort for the afternoon to attend the wedding, and there were issues with the boom gate. Every guest is issued a unique boom gate code to use when they are entering/exiting the resort and as luck would have it we kept having issues with it. We spoke to reception after waiting 10 minutes for her to stop what she was doing and actually acknowledge us. She said she would open the boomgate manually for us, so we went out to our car and waited thinking she would do it right away as we explained the situation. She forgot. My partner had to ask her again. I was not impressed at all at this time as it was a very important day and these lacks in the basic of customer service made my experience there very unenjoyable.

After we returned we stayed our final night, I had to request a roll of toilet paper, telling the receptionist that we had only half a roll in our room-she didn't seem too concerned. The morning of our departure, my father informs me that we have to clean our rooms before we left. I thought this was absolutely ridiculous. Wiping down surfaces, the bathroom, washing up dishes and sweeping the floor were mandatory apparently. I was very angry at this stage. Had this been $30 a night (which would be the maxium this place deserves a night) I wouldn't have minded that so much, but staying away from home is supposed to give you the luxuries of not being at home, like the servicing of rooms for example. I am a very tidy person and if paying for an over priced cabin the least I would expect is not have to do their job for them. This then made me realise why the clean-up time in the beginning was so short-although a thorough clean of a room to be up to standard should take much longer. I felt very under-valued as a guest and the only upside to the entire stay at pleasurelea was that I was very close to my relatives house and I made sure I spent as little time as possible at my cabin. Next time I would not mind staying further away when I come to Batemans Bay to visit my relatives, because I know I could get a nice, clean, fully serviced room with good staff elsewhere for the same price. Sorry but I would never return here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank babydriftsoop
Hi Babydriftsoop

Thankyou for taking the time to review Pleasurelea Tourist Resort & Caravan Park.
After recently changing the whole management team and implementing measures to ensure we maintain our high standard of customer service, one of them monitoring feedback. Unfortunately we are unable to comment on what happend to you and your family during your stay in September 2012, we are certainly sorry that basic customer service was absent during your stay. We can certainly guarantee that this will never happen again.