“highway position, easy to find”

Best Western Sunseeker Motor Inn
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Batemans Bay
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Great motel run by family. Always clean, quality fittings, great food at restaurant and friendly staff. Reasonable price accommodation. Right on highway so easy to find but not noisy.
They also own reef motor inn near bridge.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Best Western Sunseeker Motor Inn

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The Sunseeker Motel is a great place to rest and recharge in Bateman's Bay. The rooms are of a high quality, clean and well appointed. The rooms also have double glazed windows so easy to get a great nights sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Absolutely terrible. Stayed in 3.5 star room. Sunken in bed. Felt dirty with bed bugs and cockroaches. Mould in shower. Topped off with road noise from the princes hwy and 1980s decor. Went to complain but was told that I could upgrade but would have to pay the difference. Not a nice experience.

• Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank Ela H
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Senior couple had restful and comfortable 3 night upgraded stay at the Sunseeker. Batemans Bay's spread around the coast provides a hindrance to finding a central location. This motel is a pleasant stroll to the Bay's retail hub with ample free parking, ultra clean rooms and easy access to eateries and shopping. Will stop over again.

Room Tip: Upper floor preferable.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

my partner and I stayed here for two nights early January. it was still holiday season so we paid about $300 for it. we were upgraded to an executive room and there wasn't anything really executive about it. the bed was hard and uncomfortable, there was a toaster but no cutlery? and when we used the tap in the bathroom there was a DISGUSTING smell of sewerage after and we had to open all the windows and the door to let it air out just so we could stand being in there. the location is good, just a bit out of the city but still pretty close to everything. pool was nice but the chairs really need to be replaced as they were all broken and it couldn't hurt to give the place a sweep so that there aren't heaps of spider webs everywhere. overall not too bad- expected more from a best western but wouldn't stay more than two nights.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This hotel is just a km away from the centre of Batemans Bay, and while that means a decent walk to get to the city centre it does make it a little quieter.

The rooms are spacious, the bathroom was huge, AC worked well, really no problems at all with the accom.

The highlight however was the food. The hotel has a restaurant which we had dinner at both nights we stayed. The food was absolutely brilliant! The customer service was excellent and very accommodating. They were happy to knock up a range of kids meals based on what my two asked for.

Great option for a family stay and not expensive at all.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The manager at this hotel is ruthless and mean. I didn’t even get to stay there to experience his attitude thank goodness but I lost $135 intended for the first holiday break I have had in years. I live inland in NE Victoria and I planned a 4 day getaway on the South Coast. I had already booked my other destinations. Now my holiday is spoiled and cut short because of this man and an online booking error I made. The booking went through to the motel at about 5pm on the day I made it, not in January as I thought I was doing. I couldn’t have got there by car or plane in that time, so it was a genuine error. Did this guy give a damn, oh no. No understanding, no offer of shifting the booking to my intended day, even with the extra cost for during the holidays. He was blunt and uncompromising. I have no doubt that my no show did not loose the motel money, I asked him if he was full so that I had caused the loss of another sale, he didn’t answer, so my guess is no. But sure lost money for the future. Should have read the trip advisor reviews, wouldn’t have booked anyway. By the way, Best Western Customer Care are powerless.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo