“Ruthless and mean”

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Batemans Bay
Wangaratta, Australia
“Ruthless and mean”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The manager at this hotel is ruthless and mean. I didn’t even get to stay there to experience his attitude thank goodness but I lost $135 intended for the first holiday break I have had in years. I live inland in NE Victoria and I planned a 4 day getaway on the South Coast. I had already booked my other destinations. Now my holiday is spoiled and cut short because of this man and an online booking error I made. The booking went through to the motel at about 5pm on the day I made it, not in January as I thought I was doing. I couldn’t have got there by car or plane in that time, so it was a genuine error. Did this guy give a damn, oh no. No understanding, no offer of shifting the booking to my intended day, even with the extra cost for during the holidays. He was blunt and uncompromising. I have no doubt that my no show did not loose the motel money, I asked him if he was full so that I had caused the loss of another sale, he didn’t answer, so my guess is no. But sure lost money for the future. Should have read the trip advisor reviews, wouldn’t have booked anyway. By the way, Best Western Customer Care are powerless.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank soletraveller45

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

My mum and I stayed here one night for a quick stopover at the Bay. We found the rooms very clean and were provided very well with the bits n pieces such as tea, coffee etc. Not a bad spot to stay location wise and easy access to the attractions in the area. Only negatives would be the noisy little fridge and low pillows as I have a back issue. I do recommend the hot breakfast as was very satisfying and ours was included in the tariff. The reception staff were absolutely lovely. Overall I would recommend as a place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013
Shellharbour, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed at this motel just as a overnight stopover when traveling home from Lakes Entrance. We paid $144 for a very basic room and a bathroom that smelled of bad drains. The Shower screen was cracked and there was a gap between the floor and wall tiles. We shared the room with numerous blow flies and suspect that this was an ongoing problem because there was a can of fly spray in the room. It was a cool night but even set at 28 degrees we couldn't coax the air conditioner to blow warm air.

Room Tip: Keep Driving
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David C

Travelers are raving about these Batemans Bay hotels

Bermagui, Australia
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I only stayed here for one night (for business) but enjoyed it. The front reception lady was fast, efficient and knew her stuff! The room was extremely large, very clean and well appointed. Their was a little bit of noise from the highway but not too much. There was HEAPS of parking which was great because we had a trailer attached and sometimes we can't get anywhere to park. This motel was perfect.
The only downside was that we paid $130 for the room and I thought that was a little steep.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank galaga_girl
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Room was clean as was the bathroom. Nice accessories provided. Bed a little hard, although my husband didnt mind it too much. They provide a toaster but no side plates to put your toast on, the saucers are a little small for the purpose, and no knife to spread your butter or jam with! Would definitely recommend this motor inn and will be going back in the future.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my dad, for a father and son trip from Canberra. Couldn't ask for more, than what the staff hace done for us. Great service, always with a smile and loved the breakfast too. Not to shabby.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed overnight, arriving around 7pm in the dark and had no trouble at all finding the Motel. The room was clean and heated up quickly once the airconditioning was on. The bed was comfortable and the entire room was very clean even though it did not exactly 'new'ly furnished. Staff were friendly and helpful and the motel was nice and cost to the centre of town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple