“Great Indian Food in Batemans Bay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Canberra, Australia
“Great Indian Food in Batemans Bay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were walk ins to this reasonably new (July 2013) restaurant. A most enjoyable Indian meal, equal with anything in Sydney or Canberra. Downside was that some of the staples like cold water, and basic chutneys were not available. From memory some of the few wines on the short wine list were also not available. This will not discourage return visits when the appeal of a good Indian meal takes our fancy while at the coast. The waitress was new but extremely helpful and obliging. Once the supply chain issues are sorted out and staff familiarity with the menu is well established, this will become a favourite of curry lovers living at and visiting the South Coast. The bonus is that you get to experience the comfortable and excellently hand crafted wooden furniture that is available a few doors away.

• Visited November 2013

Taipei
“Perhaps the best Indian food I have had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I went there with my uncle in December. We were seated outside with a lovely view on a nice evening. The girl who served us was new, so not experienced, but was really helpful with any questions we had and could not have been better. My wife and I are Vegetarian, my uncle is not. However, he really loved the meals we ordered. We had a big selection, with hopes that some would be left for the next day, but it was all gone. Chana Masala, Aloo Gobi, vegetable curry, all so good. The tastes and spice mixes were prefect. If I ever go back to Bateman's Bay, I will certainly visit there again. I cannot recommend it highly enough!

Mosman, Australia
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

My wife and I were on a motorcycle trip up the coast and stopped in Bateman's Bay. Found this restaurant on the internet and went in. They can do spicy, but my wife prefers not spicy so they toned it down and it was perfect. Service was excellent, view was great and the food was great as well. Had Aloo Gobi, Palak Paneer and Chicken Tikka Masala and they were all great. Naan bread was fresh and hot. Highly recommended.

Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Great location and ambience - pity about the food!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Quality of food average though location is outstanding. Service is good. Ordered Dal Makhani, kofta and salmon madras together with rice (plentiful and good) and garlic nan ( ok).

Sydney, Australia
“Great Curry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Excellent service, which is becoming harder to find, great food, and great value. Plenty to choose from for vegetarians. The view from this restaurant, over the Clyde River, is stunning with plenty of outdoor seating.

• Visited September 2013