“Great food, great setting, great place”
Review of Briars Restaurant

Briars Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 98 Restaurants in Batemans Bay
Description: A boutique country retreat overlooking a picturesque private lake and English style gardens, only 700 metres from both Batemans Bay town centre and Surfside Beach. Contemporary hotel rooms and suites with free parking, free WiFi and Foxtel. Facilities include an outdoor heated swimming pool, tennis court, gym, gazebo, Briars award-winning restaurant plus wedding and conference rooms. Lincoln Downs is close to the beach and offers a relaxing retreat with everything you expect from an idyllic visit to the NSW South Coast.
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I ate here recently with my wife. We have been meaning to come here for a while and were glad that we finally did. The setting was lovely . The restaurant is actually part of the Comfort Inn Lincoln Downs resort and we were seated by the window overlooking the gardens and an inquisitive peacock just before the sun went down. For entrees my wife had oysters and I had the salmon tartare special. My salmon came out and it looked so good on the plate I didn't want to eat it for fear of destroying the chefs creation and it tasted even better than it looked together with the two types of caviar and wonderful micro herbs amongst other things. For mains we ordered fillet mignon and scotch fillet with prawns and scallops in a creamy pepper sauce. Both meals were excellent and the meat was cooked to perfection and very tender and juicy the acompaning vegetables and truffle mash was also superb. We couldnt help glancing over at the table next to us when the waitress walked over with a huge seafood platter I couldnt get my eyes off that lobster and all the other seafood on that plate. One of the things the Bay area is known for and that is its local lobsters but thats something I will look forward to next time we eat here. For desert we had the chocolate fondant and the white chocolate and mangoe parfait , both wonderful in presentation and taste. The wine list is good also . The value for money is quite good .Overall we had a great night out at Briars and we were both glad we tried the restaurant finally and we will be back