“We had a lovely dinner”
Review of Relish - CLOSED

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My daughter had recommended Relish, so hubby and I decided to go one Tuesday night without booking. Were a few other diners but plenty of tables. It was still a bit cool for the outside terrace for me, so we sat inside, but I look forward to going back when it warms up a bit and sitting on the deck at sunset. We both enjoyed our meals. We are not food snobs; just know what we like, and we liked what Relish served. I would describe the meals as being like home cooking, (only better than what I can cook). The meals had an honesty about them and it's refreshing to go somewhere that cooks really good food without trying to impress the self-appointed food experts out there. The meals were very generous in size. We enjoyed the scallops and calamari for starters, and the risotto and lamb shanks for mains. The atmosphere is warm and inviting and the staff are very helpful and attentive. A very enjoyable and good value meal.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Great meals and service. I had the pan seared scallops, whole baked blackfish and creme brulee, very nice night.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Four of us there for the father in laws birthday. We shared for entree the Aracini balls which were excellent and then shared the Morrocan beef skewers, came with salad and pearl cous cous. The whole black fish was on special and cooked perfectly, lamb shanks were great but 2 big shanks were too much so the good old doggy bag was requested. Stuffed capsicum was ordered by my mother in law who is off the farm and always likes red meat but she was impressed with the flavour. And I had the fillet steak with kip fleet potatoe fries. And it was actually cooked the way I ordered it!!! Then desert, the crumble was excellent, yum, and coffees all round. Excellent food and service. Definitely worth booking in.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Food was ok. A bit on the cool side. The steak was under cooked, the rest of the plate was good. Unfortunately they were out of a few things on the menu that night. Disappointing. Service a little slow. Quiet atmosphere. Would recommend booking if during the busy periods. I want them to do well as it is a nice sea change from Canberra!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed 1 night in Bateman's bay over the Easter weekend and decided to try out Relish. Food was lovely, location was great and the owners were very friendly. Would definitely recommend :)