We stayed for two nights in a refurbished, 4 star room. It was refurbished and was clean and comfortable, although bathroom is quite small. We were not particularly troubled by traffic noise (more on noise later!) We ate in the restaurant on Friday night taking advantage of a $35 3 course dinner special. The meal was great value for the money. All this was good.
NOT GOOD was the fact that a large group had also booked into the motel and on both nights they congregated in the car park with eskies and drank, subsequently demonstrating loud and antisocial behaviours. On the second night on our return from dinner, the drinking party, which was underway when we left, appeared to have wound up so , with relief, we went to our room and went to sleep. Sleep was shortlived though because the group returned after midnight announcing their return with screams and shouting. We rang reception to no response and so called the police who ultimately dispersed the mob.
When we checked out,, it was apparent managing staff left the premises at 10.00 ish and saw themselves as having no responsibility for managing the environment for their guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef Motor Inn is the place to stay, dine and meet in Batemans Bay. Situated on the Batemans Bay`s foreshore adjacent to the Batemans Bay Bridge and across from the Clyde River. The Motel is a short walk to the town center and its vibrant shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Reef Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Batemans Bay
- Batemans Bay Best Western