The variances in room quality of BW properties is enormous - some very good - unfortunately some very bad. Still charge a premium price though. The one I'm at now is one of the very bad ones (Reef Motor Inn, Batemans Bay), problems are:- Room smells disgusting, has not been vacuumed (lots of crumbs, lint etc), old carpet with stains, visible dust on furniture, enormous build-up of dirt around bathroom floor along walls, a shower curtain not screen - so water goes all over the floor and around toilet (I don't come across shower curtains often anymore) , cobwebs around lights/ceiling, sofa that looks like its covered in felt - a very cheap look and feel - with stains, an old old fridge with so much build-up of ice in freezer it was unusable, chip/scratched furniture, old broken furniture, broken fittings, dirty walls, dull lighting, No tissues in tissue holder, no basin plug, mould in grouting in bathroom and abysmal hot water pressure which needed to be adjusted constantly due to temperature changes.
All in all a very budget type room which is run down and not worth the money - in fact I have stayed at many "Budget Chain" motels which have been far better and nearly half the price. The outside of the property looks very drab and uncared for.
The motel advertises itself as "Executive Queen Room, newly refurbished, offering a brand new othopedic queen bed, HD LCD Television with Austar, Mini-Bar, work desk, lounge, High speed wireless internet (At Charge)". This is an outright lie and false advertising. Executive room??? The room is not newly refurbished, far from it. There is no mini bar. The "new" beds are uncomfortable and look very cheaply made. The internet failed to work most of the time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef Motor Inn is the place to stay, dine and meet in Batemans Bay. Situated on the Batemans Bay`s foreshore adjacent to the Batemans Bay Bridge and across from the Clyde River. The Motel is a short walk to the town center and its vibrant shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Reef Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Batemans Bay
- Batemans Bay Best Western