Never again.....we booked this room online and before booking we confirmed with the
hotel that we could have 4 people in a twin Queen room. Upon booking online the best western website would not allow you to select 4 people and so I rang the hotel asked the lady from the hotel to match visa discount price she couldnt and advised to just book online and it would be ok.
Upon Arriving on Sunday of the long weekend we were greeted by no one at the reception after ringing the bell the Manager (Alan Mifsud) came and it was not a very pleasent greeting.
He asked how many of us and I advised there was 4 and he said the room was only booked for 2. However if I paid him a extra $30 he would give me the room or else I couldnt have it. We were totally trapped he was adament he wouldnt give me the room if I didnt pay the $30. After trying to explain the website was not allowing you to make a booking for 4 people he kept saying I booked for 2 and was lying to him about the website not working.
I even offered to show him on the website but he didnt want to know about it and told me either pay up or I couldn't get the room. We even requested to speak to the lady from the phone but apparently she was on holidays.
He said If I had a problem I was to take it up with Best western Website. I called the number and was asked to call the After hours number where I was connected to Simon Marchent Australian Sales Manager for Best Western. He advised that it was ok for the property to charge me the extra and that $30 was not that much as most properties charge upto $30 per person and was very unhelpful.
As it was a long weekend and we had no where to stay we had to pay the Extra $30 to stay the night even after being accused of Lying.
As for the Room it self it was very old and outdated. Just your normal budget accommodation. But the hole experience gives you a negative feeling about the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef Motor Inn is the place to stay, dine and meet in Batemans Bay. Situated on the Batemans Bay`s foreshore adjacent to the Batemans Bay Bridge and across from the Clyde River. The Motel is a short walk to the town center and its vibrant shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Reef Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Batemans Bay
- Batemans Bay Best Western