“Great spot for breakfast/brunch”
Review of Starfish Deli

Starfish Deli
Ranked #5 of 93 Restaurants in Batemans Bay
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Starfish is situated in a prime location overlooking the beautiful Clyde River in the heart of Batemans Bay - a stones throw from the oyster farms, with numerous fishing boats enhancing the view. Starfish is open 7 days a week - breakfast, lunch and dinner - offering modern Australian Cuisine - Amazing Clyde River Oysters - Gourmet Wood-Fired Pizzas - Locally Caught Fish - plus a selection of dishes utilising Fresh Local Produce. We cater for those dropping in for coffee along with a wonderful selection of freshly made cakes, to those wishing to sip on a glass of champagne by the waters edge - sampling our local oysters or as a meeting point for family gatherings with a large selection of meals from our enticing menu for all to enjoy.
Melbourne, Australia
“Great spot for breakfast/brunch”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I'm sure it's good at other times too, but the breakfasts are outstanding. Great service. Perfectly poached eggs. Good coffee. Say no more!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Meljay

Alice Springs, Australia
“Hard to beat.”
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We've long been coming to the bay and always make sure we have a few meals here. Very reliable and consistently good. Great range of meals (caters for the whole family, including the vego), lovely service and a great view. Be sure to book in peak season

Batemans Bay, Australia
“Rocket and Red Onion Salad with Caterpillar Eggs!!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

What's the go with this? I ordered the special of the day today at Star Fish Deli in Batemans Bay, Salt and Pepper Squid with Rocket and Red Onion Salad sounds light, fresh and summery. It arrived and I was really enjoying the squid and a few mouthfuls of salad but I thought the rocket was looking not so fresh and then I found little white eggs on the underside of a leaf. This REALLY put me off my lunch! I let 3 table staff know, the first said "it shows it's fresh in a weird sort of way"!!! I was offered a replacement salad, I declined as I was kind of put off their Rocket and Red Onion Salad. I went up to pay and was a bit shocked when they kindly offered to reduce the price of my meal by $4!!! I was offered a coffee but wasn't sure if that was an apology for the salad or something else to charge me for. What do you all think of this? Is this how a well known, well patronised cafe should handle this? I'll be voting with my feet and not returning.

Word of mouth is the best form of advertising, on average 120 people may learn of either a good or negative experience. Research shows 1 person will tell 10 people if they have a bad experience. Those 10 people will tell 6 more people. Those 6 people will tell another 2 people!

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank lisaplainjane
Batemans Bay, Australia
“Meal with friends.”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Having visited Starfish Deli frequently over the years, we always find the menu interesting and the food good value and enjoyable. Great views and curteous staff.

Visited December 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Disappointing Lunch”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Our family lunch for four started with a table outside with a great view.Pre lunch drinks were delivered by our less than friendly waiter.Two of our party ordered meals that were accompanied by rocket salads. Our meals arrived after quite a long wait. As we began to eat we noticed that the rocket salads were limp and with yellow leaves with black mouldy looking spots all over them.
Upon complaining to out waiter(who apparently was the assisstant manager) we were told that the rocket was delivered fresh this morning! but the waiter somewhat begrudgingly offered to get the chef to fix it. Our meals returned and nothing was different except that the yellow mouldy leaves were now concealed under the pile of wilted rocket. A friutless dicussion with our waiter followed with no resolution. The other members of our party said their meal was O.K.
In conclusion, food a little over priced, service slow and not freindly, and cant recommend a place that thinks this type of service is acceptable.Wont be going back.

Visited January 2013