“good solid performer and friendly.”

Alluna Motel Armidale
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Armidale
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Clean, very friendly and oh, so helpful. Quiet room with crisp quality sheets. Good value - what more do you need? I stayed here some years ago and would do so again. It is very convenient to town yet not right in the centre.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank YakkaNobby
Jodie B, Owner at Alluna Motel Armidale, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, really look forward to seeing you again when your in the area.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We found the room to be exceptionally clean and the owner and staff very friendly. Good amenities, huge breakfast and walking distance to town. What other accommodation sends you an email before you arrive to welcome you and another when you leave to thank you. I would book directly with the motel in future. This was my first experience with check in. com and the document sent to the motel was different than mine. I won't use check in .com again for booking. Extremely good value - we would return to this motel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank M G

Thanks for the lovely review and I'm really happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. Also glad to know that your future bookings will be direct. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I returned to this motel after a very good initial visit and even though I was on a lower tariff,I still thought it was good.
The owner told me of an Autumn festival going on in town,so I was able to enjoy this unexpected surprise.
Because of this it was very busy but I still got a reasonable nights' sleep.

Room Tip: Get a room on the highway side as it faces west so you dont get woken up with the dawn light.Also it...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank 557jill557

Thanks for taking time to leave a review. So pleased to know that you were glad you came back and the the first time was not just a fluke! This was a very busy time for Armidale so it's good to know that you enjoyed your stay. Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Room was clean and had a flat screen with austar.
Very bad smell coming from the toilet, I guess it was the toilet water.
The air con did not effectively cool down the room.
Would probably only stay again if I had nowhere else to go.

• Stayed: January 2013
Jodie B, Owner at Alluna Motel Armidale, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thanks for taking time out of your day to review our Motel. Sorry that your experience was not a completely positive one. The weather has been extremely hot lately and I know that it's been hard to keep cool but I am surprised to hear that the air con didn't work effectively. They are only newly installed, I wish that you had said something during your stay so that we could have made sure it was on the correct settings. As for the smell, again it would have been good to know so that if it needed attention we could have had it seen to. Again I'm sorry that your stay was not as good as we hope to provide for our guests.
If I could have a room number it would be great to have these things checked out.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

An older style motel but well maintained facilities and very clean. All rooms are on the ground floor with individual parking spots. In a good location while being very quiet. Welcoming staff. Free wi-fi is a plus.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jodie B, Owner at Alluna Motel Armidale, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to review our motel. It is an older style building and Peter and I try very hard to keep it maintained so thanks for noticing. We are just about to freshen up the paint and do a bit of fancying up so next time your through you'll notice some changes.
Thanks again for your comments and hopefully we'll see you again in the future

Reviewed November 26, 2012

this motel has lovely large rooms,free wifi,and reasonable rates.Also lots temperature controls if you are too hot/cold as Armidale invariably catches you out.
Also nice exterior touches with pot plants and seating on the porch,and friendly hosts.
Also well situated with good parking for rooms.
The only minor annoyances were :it can be a bit noisy if you are not used to highway traffic and the Tv reception was patchy(probably due to summer storms).

Room Tip: I had a single but it was the same as a double I expect.All rooms seem well positioned.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 557jill557
Jodie B, Owner at Alluna Motel Armidale, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Thankyou for taking time to write this lovely review. It's great to see the new air conditioning is already being appreciated and your right, with a climate like Armidale's you never quite know what to expect. We will do our best to keep up the good work and hope to see you again soon.
Kind Regards.

Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Great little motel, Peter and Jodie are doing their best and isnt it good!!
I travel New England for business and have not had a better overall experience. Clean, large room for a reasonable price, good TV etc, but the best thing is the internet!!
No stuffing around having to log on a million times trying to send an email, and no standing out front trying to get a signal. For someone who needs a good connection, Alluna is unreal. no time for the pool, but it looked really clean and there were plenty of families staying when i was there. Great, great, great!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Adam C
Jodie B, Owner at Alluna Motel Armidale, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Hello Adam,
Just wanted to thank you not only for the lovely comments but also your advice to get on to trip advisor and see what people are saying. As you can see I took notice.
I also thank you for pointing out that our internet is top notch. I wasn't aware that other motels had issues with this. We will keep up the good work and look forward to seeing you again.
Peter and Jodie