“Great time”

Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Armidale
sydney
“Great time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2010

I am a rep that travels Australia I have stayed in many motels in the past. On arrival the staffed were very friendly and talkative. I got the feeling it is family owned and run. The budget rooms were a touch small so I opted for the next size up being a queen room but I guess that's why the call them budgets. Although I dis look at them and can honstly say there was nothing wrong with them just small. My room had new carpets and paint looked very fresh to. The meal I had was very nice like I said I go to many hotel. The meal was one of the nicest I've had in a motel. I was very happy with my stay there and will come back. I will recommend this to my friends and co workers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Queensland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2010

It was obvious that when we checked in we had "rudely disturbed" the time of those at receptoin. How dare we do that. A very cold welcome and a rude front desk team. We had stayed at this motel a few years ago, totally different then. Staff use to be happy and welcoming then. What has happened? Rooms have been renovated but look like they need to have a make over just the same. Cold drap colours and dirty carpet doesn't make for a relaxing stay. An older cleaning lady was busy telling some other guests their room was not ready and they should come back at check in time??? Cleary annoyed at the couples arrival. She could be heared complaining to other cleaners about the office booking them in that room. Then the other cleaners began to winge and bag out the office staff. My wife and I heared all sorts of attacks coming from the elderly lady about her other work collegues. She is clearly unhappy there and should consider retirement as we just wanted a peaceful quiet room and was put amongst a staff winging session. None of the cleaners had a nice thing to say and was all backstabbing the other. How sad we thought. I wonder where the staff have all gone from the time we had stayed there before. The cleaners back then were the most happy and welcoming and fun going staff my wife and I had ever had the pleasure of seeing and talking to. There use to be a little cleaner who couldn't help or do enough for you. The managers back then had told us she was the best in the buisness and had been there for many years. Where are you, we would like to come and stay where you work. Obviously you could put up with the disgrace of it all either. Give the Abbotsleigh a miss if you don't want to be treated like a nusiance or hear old cleaning ladies putting down the other cleaners. A very disappointing stay for us.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank traveller1220

Travelers are raving about these Armidale hotels

Gunzburg, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2010

Where should I start?
Maybe with the reception desk, which was clearly unhappy with having to deal with guests disturbing their rest.
Or perhaps with the room, which looked old at best. A closer inspection would also show that the cleaning was left to the roaches (I had to kill a few before falling asleep... it was a long night). The stained, smelly carpet should be disposed of in an incinerator...
The bathroom was anything but clean, apart from being small.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TamaTareco
Athlone, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2010

The family room was small but ok - the bathroom was tiny! Wouldn't say it was value for money as we stayed at the next place in Tenterfield for $5 more in a luxury apartment - and it was! The worse thing about the Abbotsleigh was that the hosts seemed to find guests to be an interuption to their day - we didn't feel a sense of hospitality at all and certainly didn't feel welcomed! We won't be staying at this motel again and certainly woundn't recommend it to anyone. GIVE IT A MISS. CERTAINLY NOT 3 AND HALF STAR RATING IN OUR VIEW.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank seasuze
Brisbane, Queensland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2009

Staff were friendly and helpful, free wireless internet worked well.
Family room was ok for 4 adults, bathroom was acceptable, nothing special.
No air con, light fitting had come loose and hanging off ceiling fan.
I would not stay in summer again, rooms are for cooler weather.
Ok for 1 night.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2009

My husband and I stayed one night. Staff were friendly and room was very clean and spacious. We had a quiet room at back. Will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gypsyleeSydney
Yorkshire, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2005

We stayed here for one night during a touring holiday. Our room was small while the bathroom had clearly seen better days; both needed a coat of paint. Location is central but adjacent to a busy road junction, so it can get noisy quite early in the morning. It was however cheap, wotif.com charging AUD70 including breakfast.

We didn't try the restaurant, but Jean-Pierre, 200m down the street is very good value for money. It's strictly BYO but there's a bottle shop across the street.

• Stayed August 2005