“Out of town but worth a stay”
Review of Rose Villa Motel

Rose Villa Motel
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Armidale
Sydney, Australia
“Out of town but worth a stay”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We booked this motel after reading reviews here and we were not disappointed. It's an older style motel but it has been maintained to a very high standard and we had no complaints about anything.

The staff were friendly and welcoming and the room perfect for an overnight or even longer stay. And all this at, as their sign says, the cheapest rates in town.

You are just a couple of minutes from town and even though on the main highway, it is far enough back that you don't hear any traffic noise.

This is what older style motels should be like... pleasant, comfortable, clean, well maintained and at a fair price for what you get.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Warwick
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We often drive south to Sydney, Hill End etc. from Queensland and mostly stay at Uralla both ways. This time we stopped with the very pleasant Fiona and Neville at the Rose Villa Motel on the northern outskirts of Armidale. My husband spotted it on the trip south recently and observed that it boasted the best rates in Armidale. This is true. Our double room with comfortable queen bed was only $80.00, plus we had a tasty cooked breakfast at a reasonable price ..even the soft poached eggs we requested. The room was clean, if a tad small, but good value for money. The motel being set back off the highway, with a buffer of trees was quiet enough for a good night's sleep. We drove in to town to have a great Thai meal at PR's. We will stay again at the Rose Villa!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lismore
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I've stayed at this motel twice, and I would not hesitate to return. The manager was extremely friendly, helpful and professional. The motel is set amidst lovely gardens. On both occasions, I found my room to be immaculately clean and tidy. Although the motel room is slightly small, it has everything you would need, including a comfortable sofa. I noticed that on my second visit my bed felt a bit hard, so I think that next time I will ask if there is a room with a softer bed (I have issues with pain). If you don't want to visit Armidale itself, this motel is in an ideal location on the highway for a quick getaway in the morning. There is traffic noise, but I managed to sleep throughout the night.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Oz
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Very clean and comfortable motel. Very reasonable rates and friendly hosts- Neville & Fiona. Only 4 mins from CBD

• Stayed September 2011
Launceston, Australia
Reviewed April 3, 2011

This place is great - Owners are friendly, switched on and very helpful. Rooms were nice & clean and had everything you could want - fan, heater, decent wardrobe, toaster & kettle etc, good breakfasts, iron/ironing board, clock radio, and everything you expect in the bathroom. The grounds are beautiful and a great place for a BBQ.
Walls between room a littel thin - ONLY negative.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Rylstone, Australia
Reviewed February 26, 2011

A small, 10 room motel, family run. The service was very good, the room was small, basic, but very clean and a great sleep.
The gardens around the motel are beautiful.
Not somewhere you would go if you were looking for a 5 star motel, it's out on the highway so you have to drive into town if you want some dinner, and there is a little bit of highway noise, but I'm a light sleeper and it didn't keep me up.
It was great for our purpose. I was driving to Queensland, and Armidale was my half-way point. Just needed a clean, comfortable stopover on our way.
I would definately stopover there again.

• Stayed February 2011