Hume Country Motor Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsbreakfast roomquiet locationfree wifistay there againroom was largeno hesitation in recommendinga great place to stayalbury cbdlong driveclean roomsbbq areagreat valueoff the highwaygood nights sleepstayed one nightfriendly serviceovernight stop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My stay was for child access purposes. The perfect, quiet, clean and relaxing location was perfect for me and my family. Great sized room that was clean and comfortable with great bedding for that good nights sleep. Children had a safe area where they could play and kick a ball. Close to town but far enough away to forget the riff raff. The hosts were terrific and very professional so I highly recommend the Sundowner for your next stop in Albury/Wodonga. I never rated the Restaurant and Fitness Centre as I never used them.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HCMI2640, Owner at Hume Country Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you Peter L for your review.
It was great to be part of your stay in the area with your little one.
People often tell us how quiet it is, and set on approx 1.5 acres does allow the kids to run around a bit and have some outdoor fun. We may be biased, but we believe we have the best housekeeping team in Albury/Wodonga. They take what they do very seriously, which is important. We hope to see you again soon. Regards Travis & Justina Breheny.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed at the Sundowner on a business trip and could not be happier. Travis and Justina are so friendly and helpful. The room very comfortable and up to date. A lovely place to come back to at the end of a busy day. It nice to know that I have a great place to stay on future trips.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review Phil G.
It was a pleasure having you stay with us for the couple of nights whilst you were down on business. It is pleasing to read you were satisfied with your room and the customer service you received. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Regards Travis & Justina Breheny.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Lovely surrounds,nice comfortable rooms overlooking open paddock so very quiet and relaxing.Extremely nice accomodating owners.
You get a nice home cooked meal,clean and tidy.
Overall a pleasurable place to stay

Room Tip: any really nice view over open land
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review Stephen C.
We are happy to read that you were happy with your stay.
We always like to keep things simple, yet professional.
Hopefully we see you again soon. Regards Travis & Justina Breheny.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stay here for business purposes. I love the location. Peaceful, tranquil. Heaven really! So quiet at night, I don't even need my earplugs!
I travel for work and its lovely to come 'home' after a busy day and relax. Travis and Justina are wonderful hosts! They've made me feel so welcome.
The food is of outstanding quality, I don't bother going out to eat. Don't need to when I get a beautiful meal at great prices at 'home'.
I'll always stay here when I work in Albury.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank MissTrish0

Thank you for your review MissTrish0.
It is always a pleasure when you stay with us. The kids love the pencils you bring for them, and thank you for our little gifts last time too - you shouldn't have :).
As you know, we are known as "Albury's Quietest Motel", and the amount of people who say when checking out how quiet it is is unbelievable. It truly is.
We can't wait to see you again. Regards Travis & Justina Breheny.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were made to feel very welcome at this family run operation. The room was very clean, comfortable and warm. My daughter enjoyed playing on the playground and the outlook from our room was lovely. Breakfast hit the spot and we slept really well because it was so quiet and the curtains completely darkened the room. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review Annabel K.
We are pleased to hear that your daughter enjoyed playing on the playground. The large grassed area with swings, slide, fort and see-saw makes for a nice place for the kids to run around to burn off some energy. We love he outlook here too. It was one of the things that made us want to live here. Regarding the blinds, we have had many comments such as yours. Some people say they have had their first sleep in for years as the room was completely black, even when the sun is out. We hope to see you and the family again soon. Regards Travis & Justina Breheny.