“Just OK. Room for improvement.”
Review of The Proprietor

The Proprietor
Ranked #5 of 211 Restaurants in Albury
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our food is both familiar and unique; we source our ingredients from the backyards and paddocks of local gardeners and farmers, ensuring true seasonality and locality.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Ate here for breakfast and had the steak sandwich and my partner the muesli. We both found our meals very average, with nothing special about them. The Steak Sandwich had no sauce at all and the cheese used overrode any other flavours so all I was left with was a cheese sandwich. I was amazed that such a list of amazing ingredients had been reduced to no flavour at all.

Coffee wasn't bad, but also not great. Hope to see some improvement in future. Decor and appearance is fantastic however it seems they have gone for an older style seating arrangement so you may be seated on a table of 8 with some strangers rather than finding a small 4.

Service was ok, waitress seemed uninterested but everyone has their bad days.

1  Thank o-tab

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Wow.....Myself being someone who is not easily pleased and very fussy with the food I eat I can honestly say the food at the Proprietor is amazing. The menu changes daily so each week I get to try a new dish unlike other cafés who only change the menu seasonally. The food is always fresh and sourced local and the portion sizes are big. I won't eat anywhere else in Albury for breakfast now as I will only be disappointed as they do not compare. Keep up the great work guys.

1  Thank Tracyc4
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch in the middle of a long drive. The food was fantastic beyond expectation. The lemon tarts and brownies were rich and delicious. And the price was very good for the quality.

1  Thank Jonathan A
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Dropped on for breakfast sunday morning. Very nice coffee and scrambled eggs special was delightful. Very quick service even though it was very busy.

1  Thank travelalot002
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We came across "The Proprietor"
quite by accident when passing through Albury, and what a pleasant surprise it was.
Modern menu, food was delicious, service was exemplary, and coffee was devine, an absolute must for our next trip through Albury. : )

2  Thank shona064