Albury Manor House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfour poster bedsuits of armourtudor stylemedieval themebuy one get one freetudor roombreakfast dealindoor poolsecure parkingstandard roomgreat valueroom servicegood sizeen routespa roomcar parklong drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I booked an overnight stay at the Albury Manor House based on comments from TA. I wasn't disappointed. As mentioned before, the staff are friendly and attentive. I was particularly impressed with the barman who asked for our comments on my wife’s and my drink. I said that I thought they could have been colder. Our drinks were removed and replaced with a colder beer for me and a different wine, which was better chilled for my wife. Our ‘L’ shaped room contained a double bed, two single beds, settee and a desk and chair for those who had to work. It also had a kitchen in the base of the ‘L’ . We over looked the road, but we were not bothered by any traffic noise. The bathroom was a good size and the shower worked well with plenty of pressure. The night of our stay the outside temperature would have been around 40 c but the air-conditioning in our room coped well and we had a pleasant sleep. Breakfast was plentiful, with eggs cooked to order. I wouldn’t hesitate in staying at the Albury Manor House the next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: We found room 321 to be a great room with plenty of space.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We didnt expect much I guess but the hotel was clean, the food was very good but most of all the staff was extremely friendly. I stay in hotels regularly and it takes something before I'd even mention something like this but from reception, to the cleaning lady at the pool, staff serving dinner or breakfast; all of them without exception were friendly and went above & beyond to ensure a pleasant stay!

Good value for money too!

We'll stay again next time we do a Melbourne-Sydney journey

Room Tip: would agree that not that easy to find as GPS doesn't recognise "young street"
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2014

After visiting the Manor House on my previous journey, I booked into it for another two stays. Once again the prices were very competitive. The rooms (different ones on each stay) were excellent; my only complaint on my first stay was the lack of reading lamps. When I brought this to the attention on the management, they explained they were remodeling and not all the furnishings had arrived as yet. On my second visit (about a week later and in a different room), lamps were in place. I found the staff and service to be outstanding, always pleasant and willing to help. In fact, the cleaning lady was so cheerful that I couldn't help but leave the hotel in a happy mood!

On these stays I had breakfast in the restaurant; a very good price and the meals were ample and tasty (the Kings Breakfast on both occasions).

I can highly recommend this hotel if you are stopping in Albury.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stay at the Manor House each time we visit Albury. The rooms are always great and very quite. Each morning the breakfast is cooked to my liking and very big.
The bathroom has just been upgrade with all new facilities.
The only issue is the big TV is located on the way opposite the 4 poster bed in which if you are sitting on the couch the bed post is right in the way of the TV. Overall a great place to stay and close to the centre of the town and recommend to all

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Here's a tip for you! If you are relying on your GPS to locate this hotel..... enter 590 Hume Hwy, not 590 Young Street! Our TomTom doesn't recognise Young Street as their address! Go figure? We drove around for 15minutes trying to locate the hotel. Thank God for maps in my Samsung phone... took us there! Another location hint... it's directly opposite Bunnings Store. If only the receptionist had mentioned this when we called earlier.
Our check in was fast, friendly and efficient! Hanging for a cup of tea... it was a little discerning to find a dirty tea-cup... yuck! The housekeeping department were very quick to rectify this hiccup!
Our four poster bed was delightfully comfortable. A very clean and spacious room, with an awesome shower to relieve those tired shoulders from driving.
Sadly we were unable to use the swimming pool as someone had poured some foreign substance in there and it was out of use.
We only had one night here..... and to be honest we will be coming back. Next time we won't have the location issue to hinder us.
We want to return to visit the Military Museum at Bandiana!
Great value for your money.

Room Tip: The Elizabeth Suite 1 - perfect!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple