“Extremely Impressed, yummy food and the rooms look great”

Comfort Inn & Suites Georgian
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Albury
Albury, Australia
“Extremely Impressed, yummy food and the rooms look great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2010

My husband and I just moved to Albury and had to stay at a hotel for a few days while our new home got sorted out. I have to say I'm extremely impressed. I stayed here once a while ago while it was still under the old management, and the rooms were soooo shonky. The new managers must have dug deep into their pockets because the hotel is unrecognizable!
We stayed in a simple spa suite, and although it is mostly open-plan (I do rather seperate bedrooms) the look and feel of the unit was gorgeous. The lighting and colours are warm and cozy, and their heater did a great job of making sure the temperature was too! Was impressed with their spa bath. The spa bath at the Marriott (which is a 5 star hotel in QLD) was actually SMALLER than the one at the georgian. It fit my 6 foot tall husband and I in there easily. Big thumbs up there guys!
There was no kitchenette in our room but I don't see why you would want one. The restaurant is lovely. The chef even took our orders personally and he was extremely friendly. And a great cook! If you stay here make sure you order the lamb shanks, they're to die for! My husband and I got it delivered to our room so we could sit and eat on our kingsized pillow-top bed and watch a movie.
It is a bit pricier than the Manor House next door, but it's a hundred times nicer. Pay peanuts you get peanuts! My only complaint is that there wasn't much of a view from our room. Our window was facing a wall.
The Georgian is fantastic for people who really want luxury. Will definitely recommend to my friends

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Ballarat
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

We stayed in a delux queen suite that had recently been refurbished. The room comes equipped with a lovely comfortable bed and quality flat screen television. It hotel also supplies Austar with limited channels available. The staff were very frienldy. The room was immaculately clean. The only thing that makes me question if i would stay in this hotel would be the price. Although the room is lovely it is quiet expensive when compared with others in the area

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

It's my first time in Albury for work and i was looking for a hotel for the night. The Comfort Inn had the best look from outside so I stopped to have a look at the rooms. The owner was at reception when i came in and he proceeded to tell me about the renovations they are almost finished. He showed me the old rooms vs the new rooms and there's a massive difference. The new rooms are very comfortable and i would rate it 5 stars without a second thought. Good quality air conditioning and a big 42" flat screen tv are key features of these rooms. Had dinner here in my room and the food was excellent and great size proportions. I would strongly recommend anyone looking for accomoodation in Albury that this is the place to be.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Harden,NSW
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2010

Great Place To Stay-Luxury updated rooms are spotless and gorgeous with wall mounted plasma and quality decor. Have stayed here twice - one year apart and both visits were Great and staff friendly. Would recommend to anyone - Good value - Good motel. If you knock the updated rooms here then you are just a whinger!!
Would be our choice of accomodation in Albury everytime.
Cheers from Nat and Thomas from Harden :)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2009

Nice to have real milk instead of longlife for the arrival cuppa! Staff helpful and could tell us how to turn on the television. Rooms clean and quiet - should have asked for more pillows. Bathroom big enough and clean. We ate out, but breakfast smelt good.
LIghtsaving bulbs (?) are not a good idea.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2009

We arrived after driving all day to be greeted by "staying 3 nights ? Why, Nothing to do here"
Anyway after that room was ok , everything clean , worked , off street parking right at door.
Better reception at breakfast by other staff members. Food basic but good. And yes , we did find plenty to do , including live sunday jazz music on the next block from the motel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ColinGSydney
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2009

Chosen becuase it is affiliated with the QANTAS Frequent Flyer programme we were a little disappointed that it wasn't of a higher standard.

The rooms we were in have apparently recently been renovated although had I not read this on their website I would never have known. The were not sparkling new and my room definitely smelt of stale cigarette smoke. The A/C unit was a brand I'm not familiar with and was not able to be set on a timer nor was the air flow direction adjustable.

The rooms are meant to be luxury queen rooms however they have a single bed plonked into the corner. It was advertised this way so was not a surprise but I dont believe it was necessary - far better to have it advertised as a family room.

The single bed sheet had a stain on the end of the bed corner (see photos) - not at all a pleasant first impression as you walk in the door.

The rooms were dark and the shower rooms small (no baths). There were no biscuits with the tea and coffee provided.

Breakfast was a choice of in-room or buffet. The buffet was adequate but there was not any fruit or yoghurt just cereal and toast for the continental option.

There was an outdoor covered spa which we didnt go into.

I felt the noise from other guests was too audible from within the room and they were not overly loud.

The staff were pleasant.

I'd probably look for somewhere else to stay in Albury next time if I was with other people however I'd put up with again it for the triple QFF points.

• Liked — their affiliation with the qantas frequent flyer programme
  • Disliked — not new and sparkly as advertised
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business