“A home away from home - 2 bedroom apartment.”

Comfort Inn & Suites Georgian
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Albury
Brisbane, Australia
“A home away from home - 2 bedroom apartment.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

If you want a home away from home then this property can provide. I am currently staying in a 2 bedroom apartment (quite similar to a 2 story townhouse layout).

When I booked, the manager was more than helpfull and and even gave me an early check-in as I was travelling between hotels. He is very customer focused and you can tell as soon as you walk in that they are organised and care for their reputation.

The apartment I am staying in is very clean, offers a large TV in the upstairs room and also in the living area. There is a microwave, minibar fridge and cutlery. The spa/shower and toilet is on the ground floor next to the main bedroom.
New reverse cycle aircons are located in the living room and in the upstairs room (plenty supply of hot/cold air for this 2 story apartment).

I am very impressed with Georgian as it offers everything I need and cannot fault anything in the way of customer service and room quality.

Thank you guys. This is now my preference for whenever I stay in Albury.

Scott Wooten.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom apartment is an excellent option. I have paid almost triple the price at other hotels...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Robert D, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Georgian, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hi ScottWooten. Thank you reviewing the Georgian.
I love that you wrote your review while you were still here. As you say, our Two-Storey Townhouse Apartments are that extra touch of class. There is plenty of space to relax in comfort, and all the amenities you could need for a very pleasant stay. Also, you can’t go past our Crown Mk7 beds for glorious night’s sleep.
Thank you also for the compliment. It was the least we could do for you. Your words not only reflect positively upon myself, but also upon the motel and all of our great team, who strive for such excellence.
I hope you took the chance to try our renowned on-site restaurant, Rosina’s On Young. We boast the best steaks and lamb shanks on the border – it’s the talk of the town.
Thank you again, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Albury soon.

Robert Day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stay here monthly in the same room it is always fresh & clean nice& roomy for all my belongings the staff ring me if they think I might be late the food from the restaurant is always fresh & is always cooked to my liking the staff are always friendly & treat you like family

• Stayed September 2013
Hi pbulger. Thank you for posting a review of the Georgian.
It is always a pleasure to welcome you back. You genuinely have become part of the extended Georgian family, and we look forward to your regular visits.
You have become a veteran of Rosina’s On Young, so I certainly don’t need to sell you on how delicious our meals are; nor on the great service of our excellent staff.
We value your continued patronage, and we can’t wait to welcome you again for your next stay.

Albury, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I recently dined at Rosina’s On Young and enjoyed everything it had to offer.
The restaurant was cosy and the service was excellent.
The menu is good honest food, I enjoyed Bruschetta for entree was fresh and tasty, the lamb shanks were the best I've ever had! Dessert - Sticky Date Pudding was delicious as well.
I loved that the restaurant represented beautiful local wineries at reasonable prices.
We will definitely return to this little hidden gem.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hi bubblesrfun. Thank you for taking the time to review Rosina’s on Young.
When you put so much of yourself into what you do, especially the quality of service and cuisine you offer to your diners, it really is very gratifying to hear such wonderful feedback.
I’ve got to say, you selected some great options from our menu.
We do indeed feature a fine selection of local wines. Australian wines are rapidly becoming the benchmark by which the world sets its standards and many of the finest come from our own border region.
Thank you for experiencing Rosina’s on Young. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Geelong, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Up in Albury for a junior tournament over the weekend. Really enjoyed staying here. The rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable. Just what the doctor ordered after a long day. Close to the city centre with shopping and other dining opportunities. We had a meal in the restaurant at the Georgian and thoroughly enjoyed it and the generous 30% discount as part of a promotion for staying was a real bonus.Food was good, the kids enjoyed their meals and my friend really loved the pork chops. Service all round was very friendly and inviting and I would recommend this place to anyone contemplating a two to three night stay. Great value for money, great service, great location, very clean and the restaurant is well priced and offers wholesome and fresh meals. Big tick!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi Joe M. Thank you for reviewing the Georgian.
There is a lot of effort that goes into encouraging your children to follow their passions, like driving for countless hours, being a master coordinator, keeping them in-line - all for the worthy gratification of seeing them happy and healthy. Of course, knowing that you made that happen is a reward in itself.
I’m delighted you chose the Georgian as your accommodation base during the tournament, and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. It’s very rewarding for us also, to know that we helped to make your trip happy and hassle-free.
I am also glad that you had the opportunity to dine in Rosina’s on Young, our renowned on-site restaurant, and that you were able to partake in our August promotional offer. As for those pork chops – I don’t know how our chef does them so well, but I agree with your friend – they are exceptional.
Should you be in Albury again, and need a great place to stay, it would bring a smile to our faces to welcome you again.

Thorpdale Vic. Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Absolutely fautless service at Reception as was the Restaurant where the quality of the food and portion size was excellant .The room was very comfortable and cosy with lovely decor and everything we needed.See you next time we are in Albury.

Pam & Alan

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert D, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Georgian, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Hi 20Alan31. Thank you for your review of the Georgian.
A motel is all about you, our treasured guest. This is as it should be. To hear such wonderfully positive feedback from yourselves, and from so many others, truly indicates to me that this priority is exactly where it needs to be.
I am most pleased that you found your stay with us delightful. Our fine team really do embody the ideals and high standards of excellence in service and accommodation that the Georgian has become renowned for. So it is also with our onsite restaurant, Rosina’s On Young – the meals are to die for.
We enjoyed having you stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you with a smile when you are next passing through Albury.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here 5years ago, and to see the transformation from then to now is amazing. The beds are amazing (better than my own) and the food is incredible. The staff are very welcoming. I will defiantly return. Thank you staff for such a great stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Hi Leahy6. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
The Georgian has certainly changed a lot in the five years since you last stayed. All of our rooms, the bar, kitchen, restaurant and reception areas; even our gardens have been completely overhauled and brought lovingly into the 21st Century. The tired old brick façade has been completely rendered and painted – given the facelift it so desperately deserved.
You’ve mentioned our ultra-comfy Crown Mark7 pillow-top beds (which are also now on sale through the Georgian). From a personal viewpoint, I have never slept on a mattress so wonderfully comfortable – it’s like sleeping on clouds!
I’m glad you had the opportunity to taste the delight that is Rosina’s On Young. It wasn’t here the last time you were with us, and now you get to share in the joy.
As for our impeccable staff, well, what can I say? Our fine team is a hand-selection of dynamic, and genuinely amiable and caring people. It truly is our pleasure to ensure that you have a delightful stay.
The next time you are in Albury, please don’t hesitate to choose us as your boutique accommodation provider. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

My partner and I recently stayed at the Georgian. The meals tasted fantastic and were a great portion size. The rooms were great in their layout and were awesome to stay in with everything you needed at hand. The king size bed and spa were our highlights and had heaps of fun staying there. We would definitely stay there again next time we are in Albury :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi SarahMcLaren. Thank you for such a wonderful review of the Georgian.
It sounds to me like you stayed in one of our luxurious two-storey townhouse apartments. They are certainly the room-type of choice if one is looking for that extra touch of class, and plenty of space to just comfortably exist for a night or two.
Your comments toward our onsite restaurant, Rosina’s On Young, fill me with pride. Thinking on it, I can’t recall ever hearing a single negative comment about the fine cuisine of Rosina’s, except perhaps that the serving size is occasionally too big for a light eater.
Thank you again for staying at the Georgian. Please don’t hesitate to consider us for your next visit to Albury.