“Hard to fault” 5 of 5 bubbles

Quality Resort Siesta
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Albury
“Hard to fault”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed for 1 night at the Siesta for work and really could hardly fault it. Rooms were clean and reasonably modern, staff were friendly and efficient, food in restaurant was top notch.

Nice little touches: note on my car telling me my windscreen had been cleaned, and the manager/owner in the restaurant making sure our meals were O.K and a bit of pleasant small talk.

If I had to make one complaint: restaurant was quite pricey with $35 main meals. Quality was certainly not lacking though. Got a good deal with free wireless internet and an excellent breakfast included. Definitely will be staying here again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
stephen j, General Manager at Quality Resort Siesta, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear bradandlyndal Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor,feedback is very important in the running of our property and we appreciate your opinions.Your comments on our staff and restaurant are valued by us.We believe in the little touches such as the windscreen cleaning and complimentary wireless internet,and I enjoy checking on the restaurant and getting to know our customers,it also helps us to keep in touch
Thanking You
Stephen Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

This property is a true oasis in the northern outskirts of Albury on the old Hume Highway (I remember driving through this area many years ago before the Freeway was built to by-pass the whole area)

From the outside, the place looks a little tacky - palm trees, Spanish style - very much what I remembered in my younger days when such style was 'all the rage' and in those days was typically a front for a bad motel. But this is not the case here.

On arrival the friendly staff were welcoming and we proceeded to our room. The room was tastefully presented with what appeared to be recent refurbishment - retaining the Spanish theme but very nicely done. Our room was large and clean. It had a king sized bed, large spa, double shower, large LCD TV. An archway provided access to the bathing area. Shower was tucked around the corner so privacy was maintained. Access to the toilet was through a door also tucked around the corner.

There are two restaurants - the Bullring and the Cantina. Cantina is only open for breakfast during the 'off season'. We had dinner in the Bullring after enjoying a well made Margarita in the cocktail bar. Again the welcoming staff looked after us and the meal was very good. Talking to some locals the next day, they said the Bullring was popular with the locals; best to make a booking for dinner. Breakfast in the Cantina the next morning was very good too - a choice of buffet / continental or cooked. A wide range of sides were available too, including black pudding, baked beans, hash browns, spinach - the list goes on. Breakfast was very well presented on the plate too, and once again the attentive, friendly, welcoming staff looked after us.

Looking around the whole property, there is an undercover bbq area, indoor pool, outdoor pool (lagoon), games room (pool / table tennis), and childrens play area.

To our pleasant surprise, we noticed the car's windscreen had been cleaned in the morning. This is a complimentary service; a note is placed under the windscreen wiper wishing a pleasant and safe drive.

Room Tip: Make sure your car will fit under the verandah near your room - if you have a high 4wd or similar, y...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
stephen j, General Manager at Quality Resort Siesta, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear GS_new_horizons,

I would like to thank you for posting such a positive review on trip advisor. Your comments on our friendly and attentive staff will be displayed for all the team to see, it is nice to be recognized. Our Bullring restaurant does have a very good reputation with locals, and it seems we lived up to it. Breakfasts we are also proud of and try offer those little extras, black pudding is not easy to find on a menu.
We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again.

Yours Sincerely,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have been travelling around Australia on business for more than 20 years and can't recall staying at a more friendly and accommodating establishment as the Siesta Resort, I would rate it as number 1. Right from the time you are offered a comlimentary drink on arrival to when you check out with your windscreen spotless, all facilities are first class.

Rooms are spacious, always clean and well appointed, reception staff can't help you enough and the friendly nature of all bar and food staff turn another wise boring night spent alone, into a night like spent with friends. Food is always excellent.

I would highly recommend to all visitors whether it be business or family holiday.

Warren

• 5 of 5 bubbles
stephen j, General Manager at Quality Resort Siesta, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear warren b ,thank you for such a kind review.Yuor comments on our staff and our friendly nature are most pleasing to see,we try to make it part of our culture and we are happy to see it does get noticed,as has our windscreen cleaning,it is all part of the service.We look forward to your next visit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is like the "Windsor" of Albury, an old lady but continuing to pleasantly please, the [I gather] upgraded rear rooms are so comfortable and subtly yet practically furnished, the spa bath is deep, deep and obviously can provide a relaxing option, as a business traveler I was rapt in the little but important things like plenty of power points, an attractive and comfortable desk [I'm tapping on my KB on this very functional piece of furniture, the extra plied toilet paper was noticed, the lovely bed and crisp sheets and comfy pillows, its a business person heaven. I haven't commented on the pool or the surrounds, I'm not touring, I'm working.
Food and meals, never ever, not once, have I been disappointed, tonight was no different, quality, presentation and creation was great, it was also good to be able to freely talk with the cook/chef and discuss your meat or meal prep, service was similar, no probs, had to send some faxes, that was capably handled, they even give you a choice of a can/bottle of welcoming beer or soft drink and, a free 3 hour internet access facility.
It's not a budget motel however it's not excessively priced, the rooms, meals and service ae well, well worthwhile, I thoroughly recommend these premises for any business stay at all.... Well Done Siesta with your marketing and training of your people, the results are certainly evident...
Don from Melbourne

Room Tip: Opt out for the rear rooms, they're awesomely roomy, great space with a comfortable working desk...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
stephen j, General Manager at Quality Resort Siesta, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Hazmut_01,I was very pleased to see your review,it is nice to read that some of the smaller touches are noticed.Our restaurant has an open kitchen and we encourage interaction between customers and chefs,it is a part of our culture that extends all departments.Thank you for such a detailed review and I shall display it for all the team to see,your comments are much appreciated
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have been staying at the Sieata for over 6 years with work and i wouldt stay anywhere else. The Rooms are big and are always very clean.
I have also stayed with my family (all 5 of us) and the Kids are still talking about the indoor swimming pool and the breakfast.
pefect place for stay while away on work or lessure with the family.
See you soon

• 5 of 5 bubbles
stephen j, General Manager at Quality Resort Siesta, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear Adam R I enjoyed reading your review and I shall display it for all the team to see.I am also glad that your family can enjoy the resort also,The indoor heated pool and spa is very popular during an Albury winter. We look forward to seeing you soon
Thanking You
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I have been staying at the Siesta for over 10 years and have always found it an enjoyable place to stay with a good atmosphere. Rooms are a good size and always clean, food is great and staff are very friendly. Facilities are excellant for families and I have bought my family while I work and there are plenty of facilities to keep them occupied for the day. Highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear John M I would like to thank you for your review and also for your continued patronage. I was glad to see that you can include your family on some visits,it is a very versatile property and can cater for both buisness and liesure needs.It gives us great pleasure to read your review and I shall display it for the team to see
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I regularly stay at the Siesta Resort and would highly recommend anyone to stay here.
Great service, excellent meals and amenities.
Squash, mini golf, pools, spa and more.
Everything you want whether its business or holidays.
Phill
beaulieu Aust

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
stephen j, General Manager at Quality Resort Siesta, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Phil

I would like to thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We were all very pleased to read your opinions on the Siesta. Your positive comments and reccomendations are appreciated by all the team. We look forward to wlcoming you back on your next visit.

Yours sincerely