“Pictures of the "Resort" are not reflective of the actual experience”

Quality Resort Siesta
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Albury
Reviewed March 21, 2012

My partner and I chose the "Quality Resort" based on what the web site showed. We booked for a week to celebrate my 50th birthday. The actual room we had over looked tin roofs, laser light roofs and a bitumen car park. The room was dated and not of a 4.5 star quality. The living room didn't have a window and the light came throught 2 windows in the kitchen area. The rubbish bin was dirty on the outside and the lid was broken. There were various stains and marks on the walls and furniture that were well past their refurishment date...The pool was not clean, the indoor pool was like a tepid bath, there were cigarette butts around the ouside pool and a clump of hair in the indoor pool. I could go on and on and on....... Staff were lovely and when checking out after 2 hours and stating the web site is not an acurate reflection of the "real" state of the "Resort" I was not met with any arguement. ..... It still cost me $440.00 for the whole disapointing experience. I have photographs that I would be happy to share should this review be questioned in any way.

Room Tip: The room we had was 54. Others could be better (you would hope)
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David P
stephen j, General Manager at Quality Resort Siesta, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Dear David P,Thank you for your feedback.I am sorry that our property did not meet your expectations.I have responded to most of this in your partners review above.We were also disappointed you chose to leave.I hope you will reconsider us when next in Albury.Rest assured that I will be dicussing your review with the relevent staff members
Sincerly Yours

There are newer reviews for Quality Resort Siesta

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Were greeted by friendly staff apon arrival, very clean neat and well dressed hotel, we stayed two nights in the newly renovated pool side king suites. Amazing resort style pool with mini golf and tennis court. Great to have a choice of 2 resturants on the property, with perfect cooked steaks from the bullring resturant and a great buffett breakfast at the catus cantina. Such a fantastic weekend away, will be recommending everyone to stay here!

Room Tip: always choose the new king suties as there right by the pool!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
stephen j, General Manager at Quality Resort Siesta, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2012

Dear KristyJ, Thank you for your positive feedback. The staff and I are continually striving to ensure that all our guests receive a pleasurable stay and we were very pleased to hear that your stay was everything that you expected.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Staff were helpful from our initial phone call, great service at midnight check in to departure, very well priced, will be back.

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear Marcus7241, I was very pleased to hear that after what I am sure was a long trip that you received a smooth check in at a very late hour. We are continuing to train our staff in customer needs and I am pleased that all your needs were met.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

I travel all around the country regularly (particularly the Eastern seaboard) and I have yet to find a motel that even comes close to the Siesta. Quality of rooms, friendly service, top class restaurant, choice of swimming pools, ease of location to Albury and the Albury Bypass plus a list of other positives too long to mention make this a holiday experience whether you are there on business for a night or a week. Very family friendly environment too. Do yourself a favour and make it a destination!

Room Tip: every room is great
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We stayed at Quality Siesta Albury in Dec 2011 for 1 night. Overall we were quite happy with the hotel, though not sure why we had to wear yellow plastic tags when walking around the hotel?? Anyway see below pros n cons...

Pros:
Very clean rooms - i have asthma & sinusitis so cleanliness is a must for me. Bed was comfortable.

Self-service laundry facilities.

Very friendly staff.

Pool - nice but quite crowded so didnt try it.

Wireless Internet in room - free for first 3 hrs. You have to call reception to get password, etc. Internet speed was ok.

Kettle, toaster & DVD player in room - a plus if you're travelling with a toddler like us!

Cons:
Location - approx 10mins drive from city centre, not recommendable if you dont have car. McDonalds & KFC around the corner.

Noise - can be bothersome, as you can hear other guests talking, slamming doors, taking shower etc.

Only a couple of negatives really as everything else was good!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I have been to Siesta many times over the years, but it was the first time I had been with the bunch! My kids had been a few times, my step kids 1st time and my wifes 2nd time. Overall its a great place with more than adequate facilities and things to do. The pools are great for all especially the kids and even big enough to allow some great play times. Good rock diving area for all to enjoy! The rooms are dated but still reasonable in size and facilties (Large flat screen TV, with DVD and some foxtel channels. We stayed in 2 rooms (37 & 38) as with 4 kids and two adults we needed space at an affordable price. We got a special at $155 per room per night. Unfortunately next years rate is $180 per room per night, which makes it a little too pricey for what you get as a package. Outdoor Pools, Spas, Sauna, BBQ Facitiles, Indoor pool, Supersized Chess area, Mini Golf, Mini Tennis court, Squash court and even the wireless internet.(Internet is a bit slow outside the front desk, but Ok for the free 3 hours you get). They have a restaurant as well but I can't comment as we didn't use it, but heard it is quite nice but pricey. It has it all, but with the steaming hot weather in Albury you need to live near that pool or use the good working air conditioners in the rooms! They also have a full Bar and food available poolside which is reasonably priced and you can BYO your own drinks if they are glass free. (Good idea as there is no accidents). The wrist band (saga) is a great idea too, as people from outside the resort don't get to use the resort for free and there is plenty of room for the paying guests! Will return hopefully, but the nightly rate will be our major decision factor!

Room Tip: Room 37 & 38 is at the front of the resort away from the outdoor pool which is good as its quiet...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Found the Quality Siesta Resort simply gets better time after time, the ideal place to stay in the region with excellent facilities second to none, refurbished tastefully, along with helpful and fantastic staff.
The ideal resort to come with the family for a holiday or stay during business with resturants and meals just stunning with variety and quality..
I stay frequently in the district both for pleasure and business and this resort has everything for the family break, stopover or the business trip.

Room Tip: ask for the King Room
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business