“Awesome Place”

Ranked #73 of 217 Restaurants in Albury
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Kinross Woolshed is the most unique Dining/Entertainment venue on the NSW/Victorian Border. A relocated Shearing Shed with origins dating back to the 1890's, it now exists as one of the busiest businesses in town and is famous for massive meals and great live entertainment.There is live music every Friday and Saturday night and heaps of other fun during the week.Kids eat free for lunch Monday to Friday (12yrs & under) and there are other meal specials to choose from.Don't go past Albury without calling in to this taste of the country in the heart of the city.
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This place has such a great atmosphere, very laid back and country like. Good menu with loads of choice. The food is very tasting & at a good price.
It was very busy with families, couples and groups. Cant wait to go again.

1  Thank Dani2111

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We went there for lunch. Lovely view and some atmosphere outside in the beer garden. The food was fine. All in all, I really loved this place. Very unique decor too, kind of like the old Ettamogah pub.

1  Thank C0nFidential
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The Saturday two dollar brekky is fantastic value. Two dollars gets you eggs on toast and a free newspaper. The menu then allows you to build on that at $2 for bacon, $2 for tomatoes, etc. Big portions and a great old venue. Its also a pub and caters for weddings.

1  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Kinross does breakfast, lunch and dinner well. They have an extensive menu and special pricing for university students. Feature nights and a wide range of entertainment in the evening round off their offering. It's a great place to go for a meal if you have young children as they can run around quite freely without really bothering anybody.

1  Thank Shelagh M
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have been to the Kinross a couple of times before and we have noticed gradual decline in service, the staff aren't as friendly as they used to be and their attention to detail is lacking

For instance....we sat on the outside deck and a gust of wind blew the number thing they give you when you order over hitting my husband's drink which went everywhere. He went to clean himself up as it went on his clothes and I (in my wheelchair mind you) looking around for a napkin or something to blot the spillage...as I was looking the waiter brought our meals and I explained what had happened....he looked dazed and place our meals ON the spillage and walked away despite my request for a cloth (I would have cleaned it up for him) I never saw him again.

Generally we get the Mega Moo but as we have had it a couple of times in the past we went for something different....I had the Smoked Turkey Salad which laced turkey and had a lot of limp looking salad. My husband had the fish and chips which he described as "pretty ordinary"

We were there on a Sunday afternoon and it was moderately busy but not packed. We will probably go there again but if it's as bad as our last experience it will be our last visit.