“Slow, slow, service”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant's food is quite nice but we waited and waited, for drinks, then to order food, then for the food and then we waited for dessert. The bill came straight away! Infuriating

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Albury has sadly lacked a decent Italian restaurant for some years. Whilst Cafe Victor has been on the scene for a very long time the food and the decor were very tired. Now both have had a make-over. A group of 4 went to Sunday lunch and ordered a variety of meals, including pizza and pasta. All agreed that the food was well presented and delicious. The renovations are sensational, creating an inviting, open space. The service was friendly and unobtrusive. I'll be back.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I read other reviews that talked about the service, but decided to try it anyway as the food was recommended by most.
My friend and I sat for 30 minutes after ordering. I was not upset as slow service was part of the expectation. It was only when the waiter, asked if we wanted desert, that we discovered that the order had not even been passed to the chef.
When the Pumpkin Ravioli eventually did arrive, I wan not unhappy with the result. Taste was good and well cooked and presented. My friend enjoyed the Salmon.
The coffee was also poor.
If you want to eat here, check with the wait staff often.
If you want coffee, go up the road to Mr Benedict.
Address in Tripadvisor was incorrect. Actually at 644 Dean Street (cnr of Elizabeth Street).

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I had the pollo pizza. It was very nice. Great flavor and large. My friend had the pumpkin ravioli with goats chese. She was not impressed with the size. $24 for 11 bite size pieces with next to no flavor. little sauce and was under cooked. We were advised that the meal was large but when it came out it was very unimpressive. My advise get the pizzas!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

The whole restaurent has been renovated from front to back . They have done a sensational job . The open kitchen is a real feature. The food is still sensational . The service is still the friendliest in Dean Street ALBURY.