“Terrific stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stanwell Tops
Tumbling Waters Retreat & Restaurant.
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stanwell Tops
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have read a few of the negative reviews and all I can say is that I don't agree. My wife and I had a long weekend of business and pleasure at Tumbling Waters and it was terrific. Although the weather was mad, we had the opportunity to use the pool during the heatwave and we had it all to ouselves, it was magic. We then ate at the restaurant that evening, mesmerised by the views. We had the degustation, which tasted fantastic, but frankly was too big! We talked, slept, read and enjoyed the surrounding coast for the next days and achieved our goal of a child-free, relaxed weekend where we got to share time with each other. Sonja was pleasant and responsive to our needs, the room (number 2) was clean, stylish and comfortable. We didn't test the room service as we didn't want to be disturbed and for the whole time we were left to our own devices, it was a great weekend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Matthew F

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I decided to treat ourselves to an overdue peaceful and relaxing night away. Our good friend recommended Tumbling Waters Retreat. We were not disappointed. Nestled in the tree tops of Stanwell Tops surrounded by nature and the most amazing coastal views. Immediately we relaxed. We booked the bath house cabin which was so private and comfortable with its own swimming pool and again with exceptional views. The attention to detail in our accommodation was luxurious and left us wanting for nothing. It was probably too short a stay but enough to recharge the batteries to resume normal life. Thank you Sonja and Andrew for sharing your beautiful property. We will definitely be back. Christine

Room Tip: For privacy we recommend the bath house cabin.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Christine820
Reviewed January 20, 2013

To Sonja family and staff My wife and I just spent our 40th anniversery at your wonderful retreat , this place is paradise from the moment we arrived to the time we left , The suite the food [we had the degustation menu],Sonja and the team forgot nothing it's all there all the little things that count . If any one ever complained about this place they are just hard to get on with . It was just so relaxing we intended on going for a drive to look around but found the tranquility to good , no hassles everything was perfect . To the team at Tumbling Waters a great great job well done guys . Kind Regards Garry & Cherie

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2013

yes what an amazing beautiful venue! breath taking views. great food and accomidation. we were in love with it when we picked it to be our wedding venue for december 14th 2012. regardless of the cost that we worked so hard to save for by ourselves, we just had to have it there. little did we know and much to our extreme disappointment the dramas and stress that would soon follow. the manager was so difficult to work with. she refused to listen to what we wanted, saying she had 20 years experience and she knew better then we did. it felt like our dreams for our wedding day were not being respected. i had to be very firm with her and say no this is what we want, she did not like this at all and it caused alot of problems. the only thing i asked to change was black linen to white, less tables and chairs and to start dancing at 8. the venue closes at 10 and our guests are all in their mid 20s, so i knew no one would sit down and we would all want to be dancing all night. not asking much i wouldnt think. she was very rude and unprofessional. complained about me saying i was so difficult to my bridesmaids, my mother in law, my husband even her own staff which in a small town got back to me. im so disappointed that such a beautiful venue can be spoilt by a poor attitude. brides this is the most amazing venue but if you are wanting to make your wedding personal to you and your future husband and you like to party this venue may not be ideal for you. remember to stand your ground and do not let this women talk you out of what you want and make you feel bad. good luck

Room Tip: rooms are great we had a share plate sent to the room and ate it on the deck. beautiful view, big ba...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank hayley p
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Whilst we loved the view, the abundant bird life, the beautiful gardens and external architecture of this retreat we were not impressed with the accommodation. For a property that charges $530pn We expected to find the room well maintained -  in our "luxury suite"The cook top was broken, the Toilet seat not fixed to the  porcelain bowl,   My husband had to fix my bedside light so I could read in bed. he burned himself as he brushed past the fitting and I burned my finger trying to turn it off!  Whilst there is a lovely open bath and large shower within the room the bed and bath linen provided was not of "luxury suite" quality and the amenities were not replenished after a requested housekeeping.

The "gourmet breakfast" was DYI and supplies not replenished.  The Restaurant was closed even though it was a Saturday night and there was no mini bar.

The t-shirted owner/maintenance man came to our room the first morning to repair the items we had reported (the cooktop couldn't be repaired so we had to make do with 1 burner) he brought his dog with him who came  into the room - felt like we were staying in a caravan park!

The stroll to the Pool area would have been lovely except for the dog droppings scattered across the lawn.

The Pool area is serene and private with a spectacular view and there is a hot spa.   Shame.... the filter broke down at the end of the first day and we were TOLD we couldn't use it anymore - almost as if we were the ones responsible for breaking it!   Whilst the site is superb the owner management is quite frankly not up to providing a 5 star calibre of hosputality.

We felt quite Unwelcome toward the end of our stay - no wonder there were no other guests there in early January!

• Stayed: January 2013
12  Thank AnnieFitzpatrick
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Wow!! My wife and I were celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary and did not know where to go. I found TWR on the internet and my expectations were surpassed once we arrive and found our room. The view from our balcony was amazing. We were able to see Stanwell Park below as as well as a long way down the coast. The room was very comfortable with everything you could need. We met Sonja and nothing was too much trouble. The dinner we had on Friday night was exquistite, to sample everything on the menu was quite a treat. If you are looking for a place to rest and forget about the rest of the world look no further.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peter T
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed at TWR for a weekend getaway before our first baby arrives. It was perfect! ... gorgeous, peaceful, luxurious, very comfortable, great views, few mins drive to the beach, warm customer service and all the little nice touches eg. fire in the room, relaxing music already playing playing in the room when we arrived. It was also surprisingly nice not needing to go through the normal “physical check-in/reception” process and be able to go straight to our rooms without needing to meet anyone - felt like arriving at a ready-made home. The breakfast hamper was great - catering for both hot and cold breakfast - and was tasty nutritious stuff. The restaurant dinner was great as well. The décor inside and outside was really nice. And oh, the massage, it was divine, I reckon the best remedial massage I have had! I highly recommend TWR to anyone looking for a romantic getaway or even a wedding - amazing wedding venue!

Room Tip: Luxury Ocean Suite has awesome views! (but I can't compare to the other types)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Miranda
Rydges Campbelltown Sydney
Rydges Campbelltown Sydney
#1 of 3 in Campbelltown

Been to Tumbling Waters Retreat & Restaurant.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Tumbling Waters Retreat & Restaurant.

Address: End of Stonehaven Road, Stanwell Tops, New South Wales 2508, Australia
Location: Australia > New South Wales > Stanwell Tops
Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Spa Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stanwell Tops
Price Range: $339 - $957 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Unique boutique couples retreat, fine dining, wet edge swimming pools surrounded by nature overlooking the rainforest and ocean the beach is just minutes away. Find yourself, lost in luxury accommodation. Suspended on the edge of the world, floating above the trees and the ocean, escape from reality and lose yourself in a breathtaking world of romance and indulgence. Surrender to a massage in the comfort of your suite overlooking the Ocean. An hour from Sydney’s CBD and surrounded by the Royal National Park Tumbling Waters Retreat is luxury accommodation with breathtaking ocean views and Gourmet fine dining. Let yourself be completely swept away in the romance of this idyllic setting.From the moment you arrive, the tension of modern life will dissolve and fall away. Tumbling Waters is a boutique retreat designed for couples. You will never want to leave. ... more   less
Tumbling Waters Retreat Hotel New South Wales