“Family Dinner”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Family Dinner”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Great place plenty of atmosphere had wonderful pasta with my sister and grandson ,his wife and guess what my baby great granddaughter. What a special time!

Visited April 2014

houston
“Great Atmosphere and Staff! Nice House Wine”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

You have to love a place that has great house wine! I liked this pub and thought the staff was great. We ordered a mixed grill that came out on a plate still cooking. Although I liked the concept of flipping the food until it cooked to my preference, I bet the burger would have been awesome. But don't pass up this experience, it is fun, friendly and a great place to grab dinner

Visited March 2014
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“Felt unwelcome.”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We dined at the Denniston Dog and straight away felt really unwelcome. We waited about 10 minutes before we were even acknowledged and seated at a table. Won't go into much detail, but I left feeling really upset about the service we received. The food was average for its price. I think perhaps because we are a young couple we were not treated as well as I could see some other tables of older clientele were being treated. I'm not hard to please, but I left feeling pretty down after my experience.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Lisa H
San Jose, California
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by Archer House, and we had a really good dinner here on a rainy night. My husband and I shared the stone grill Tasting Plate, and had fun grilling and tasting the varied meats and mussels on top of a hot stone. Portions in New Zealand can be enormous, but this was just about the right size for two people. The grilled beef in particular was very good.

To find, just look for the bright yellow and red building on Wakefield; you can’t miss it.

Visited March 2014
Waldorf, Maryland
“No complaints here”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We found this restaurant comparable to many we visited while in New Zealand. The menu selection was decent and didn't have any problems with the service. I ordered the fish of the day and my husband ordered the burger (which was actually a slice of steak on a bun - we found this often in NZ, but never got used to it!). Both were cooked correctly. Drinks were also reasonably priced. We sat outside and my only complaint is that there were a group of teenage girls on the other end of the patio carrying on like teenagers do (but this could happen anywhere). I would go back!

• Visited March 2014