“Terrible”

Ranked #7 of 30 Restaurants in Westport
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have dined at this establishment several times this year with friends and have been consistently disappointed. I don't understand how this place is always busy with diners. The food lacks flavour, I have had many pub meals which run rings around this so called 'restaurant'.
Atmosphere here is generally quite nice so it would be great to see a major improvement in the food.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

great breakfast, food hot, plates hot, coffee great, also had a great dinner would really recommend this place

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had a meal here and found it to be really busy, due to all the guys from the Mines, pays to reserve a table or be prepared to wait for a table maybe.
in saying that the service was great and very efficient, the food didn't take long really considering and our meals were very nice.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Our total experience was great!
As soon as you walk in we were comfortable. The places is covered in memorabilia of the regions mining history. In fact you feel like you are there.
The selection of food including fresh local ingrediants is superb. I had the venison fillet and it was one of the better venison dishes I have had. The night we were there the place was full of local family groups who all appeared to be really enjoying their meals. Despite being full the service was friendly and efficient..
I thought the prices were competitive for this standard of meal, and represented particuarly good value.

It would rate well with any South Island restaurant

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed in Westport on holiday & visited The Dog on a couple of occasions, once for coffee & once for dinner. What a lovely place, very relaxed atmosphere & really friendly staff. Food was excellent. My husband & my daughter had Stonegrill for the first time & loved it! Would certainly recommend it!