“Make Your Stay in the Buller a relaxing one, well a Gr8 Motel is the best start”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Westport Spa Motel

Westport Spa Motel
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Westport
Blenheim, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

2 kids 2 adults in a Motel for 2 days and 2 nights would I go back YES in a heart beat not only was our room super clean and warm, the beds were to die for with their luxury tops and large size, there was all those other little things also ie plunger coffee with the plunger the, extra towels and pillows and they were fresh, our room was serviced and cleaned to a high level even though we were staying another night which was sooo lovley. as other places we have stayed at have not really bothered. The lady running the place is very passionate about her business and Westport.
My family and I will be back and we will be telling our friends and family that this is the place to stay in Westport is, @ The Spa Motel with Chris, thanks for a Gr8 and stay,

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank bowhuntmethven
spamotel, Owner at Westport Spa Motel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your return to Westport and we were able to make your stay a great experience. I look forward to seeing you when you next visit Westport.
Chris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here recently with my husband. It is in a great location right on the main street. The lady who served us has just taken over and she was very friendly. Making sure we knew places we could eat for dinner, and telling us about tourist attractions like the seal colony and Denniston. The studio unit was perfect for the two of us, and the beds are super comfy. I asked the owner about these and she said she has just put new luxury toppers on to make them more comfortable - they were a nice touch! The place was super clean. We had a spa which was also nice. I use quite a bit of wifi and when I had run out I was a bit embarassed to go and ask for another coupon thing but it was no problem which is always nice. We asked the owner to organise a taxi for us to the airport and it was done with no bother. Its all those small things that make a great stay!

Room Tip: We had an upstairs unit
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ella S
spamotel, Owner at Westport Spa Motel, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thank you for your comments Ella. I am glad you and your husband enjoyed your stay at Westport Spa Motel and found our beds comfortable. My housekeepers take pride in their work. It is nice for them to have guests comment on the cleanliness of the rooms.
Chris Lark
Gold Coast, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have been staying at this motel since it opened. It has been 3 years since our last visit and it is now very tired. Rooms are a good size and facilities are good. After paying the same price for a 2 bedroom motel of much higher quality in another town, we found that this one is expensive for the 1 bedroom unit. Also, if you get the Spa Bath unit, watch out for the water that spills onto the floor when you have a shower. Noting the carpet has been patched by the door, its an obvious problem that still hasn't been fixed after all this time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
spamotel, Owner at Westport Spa Motel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you John for your comments on your recent stay at Westport Spa Motel. I have only recently purchased the business and I am in the process of drawing up a maintenance plan for future renovations. I will make sure that I add the issue of the shower water escaping onto the floor now that you have brought it to my attention. Coordinating colour schemes and identifying suppliers takes time so in the meantime I have made a start by adding an extra comfort layer to all the beds. A regular guest who told me the "bed was superb". I do hope you stay with us again in 3 years time. It will look very different then.
Chris Lark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

In two years the price for accommodation has shot up in Westport, and I really cannot see the huge attraction.

This particular motel is okay - it's completely average, nothing special (quite small rooms) and yet the prices are at the top end of accommodation in the low season. Hmmm.

Still, it's a roof over the head, there's some free WiFi thrown in (good for the international traveller at the moment), and the unit had everything we actually needed to prepare food, etc, so there were savings in not going to a restaurant for dinner or breakfast.

Bottom line... If you pay to stay, relax in the spa baths and know that at least $10 of your cost for the night is being chewed up right there.

Oh, and be certain to visit the Denniston Plateau and feel what it was like to spend a lifetime up there!

• Stayed July 2013
Timaru, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Big screen TV with a king, queen and single bed + a massive three person spa. What more could you ask for?

Full kitchen facilities is a big bonus as well.

Had a great stay and would not hesitate to stay again. In fact we plan on it!

Room Tip: The one bedroom is big and at the back away from the main road.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We chose this motel to break our journey between Picton and Fox Gacier. An excellent decision! Paul the owner was very friendly and helpful. Accommodation was very reasonably priced. Our first floor room was spacious, clean and well-equiped, with a comfortable bed. Internet speed was excellent. Wesport beach is definitely worth visiting (if you can find it) for the amazing views north up the coast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dave_Eleanor
Wellington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Clean, comfortable, extremely well equipped motel unit. I was on the top level and found the room sunny and quiet. Glad I chose this motel (toyed with this and another) and would definitely stay here again if in Westport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business