“What a joy” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Westport
Sydney
“What a joy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

On Friday October 12 and 13 I stayed at Westport Spa Motel Westport New Zealand. What an enjoyable experience. The room was everything I wanted. A spacious room with lots of light and air but warm when the nights became cool. The bed was extremely comfortable and spa bath was huge. I had intended only to stay one night but the weather turned vey bad and I really had no option but to stay a second night. My hosts, Ann and Paul were extremely friendly and helpful. I cannot thank them enough for their courtesy and understanding. So I stayed and enjoyed a relaxing day watching the 50+ channels on Sky including the horse racing ! So, Westport Spa, highly recommended.

Room Tip: I was in an upstairs room; lots of light and air with big windows on both sides
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Greytown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at this property for two nights in August. By far more reasonable than those around it. Loved the spa as it was a lot bigger than normal. Nice and warm and very amiable host. Recommended a restaurant that proved to be excellent. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Toowoomba
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

After a long walk including falling into a creek, We chose the first hotel as we were coming into town. The price was very reasonable and I was pleasantly surprised to find a large spa in the bathroom. The rooms were clean, large and warm, and I did enjoy the spa greatly. My only complaint was that it took a long time to fill the spa (around 1/2 hour), however there was a shower over the spa. The owner saw how exhausted and dirty I was and kindly offered a downstairs room and use of the washing machine and dryer.
We were recommended a number of good places to eat, and I have to say the place we chose exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Upwey, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

With a friendly greeting we were upgraded to an upstairs unit. Our unit was clean and comfortable and in a great spot for discovering Westport. We were given some helpful advice about where to eat and going on what we heard we enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Porta. The food was fantastic and the restaurant had a comfortably warming atmosphere and friendly, helpful service. All up we had a very enjoyable and memorable night in Westport.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bay of Plenty
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

4 of us stayed in 2 units at this immaculately clean motel.
Wonderful bedding and well appointed units within walking distance to town. Owners were very helpful with everything....where to go and where to eat.
Would recommend this motel to anyone going to Westport

Room Tip: Check if there is upstairs and if you don't like noise above, make sure you get a higher one
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
New Plymouth, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

Would recommend this very clean and spacious place - great for 3 single people. We were wanting a downstairs unit due to our luggage but as only upstairs units were available we were given assistance. Good advice re restaurants and seal colony to visit. We will be back again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stayed at this very clean and well appointed motel on our road trip from Invercargill to Tauranga. The hosts were friendly and most helpful and pointed us towards The Town House Dining Room and Lounge where we had an excellent meal. Without realising, I left my glaucoma eye drops (which I need to take twice daily) in the fridge. On finding the drops the owner immediately left a message on our phone which was picked up as we were queuing for the ferry at Picton. I resigned myself to managing without my drops until my return to the UK but without hesitation the owner immediately couriered them to our forwarding address in Tauranga without charge where they awaited our arrival. I cannot thank them enough for their kindess.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family