We stayed in a two bedroom villa (Villa 829) at the Distinction and I was very disappointed with the quality for the price we paid.
The photographs on the website made the resort appear modern which was quite misleading.
The exterior of the villa looked like a toilet block and rather untidy. When you enter the villa there is a small lounge with 2 sofas and a flat screen TV and coffee table. There were 2 bedrooms with a TV and heater in one room. Admittedly the furniture was modern - plasma flat screen TV, timber furniture and neutral colours. It looked like the villa interior had been updated except they forgot about the bathroom which was still stuck in the 60s and very, very old. The bathroom had a blue lino benchtop and red lino floor. The wallpaper was pink, peeling, stained and torn. The sink still had 2 spouts one for cold and one for hot and had the oldest toilet I had ever seen in a hotel room. It had a combined shower/bathtub with a shower curtain too narrow to stop the water from spraying the bathroom floor.
We had friends stay in the hotel building of the Distiction and the bathrooms had been completely renovated with granite benchtops. The room furniture was also modern. If you choose to stay at the Distiction, I would recommend booking 2 rooms in the hotel section instead of a two bedroom villa - better value for money and a lot nicer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Te Anau Lake Front, a short stroll from the Te Anau Town Centre, Distinction Te Anau Hotel and Villas is perfectly situated for you to make the most of this beautiful area. Surrounded by extensive, colourful gardens and overlooking spectacular Lake Te Anau and the Fiordland ranges, this Hotel and Villa accommodation sets the tone for your stay in one of the world’s most breathtaking regions. Designed for your comfort, we offer 115 luxurious rooms, including Hotel rooms with Garden and breathtaking Lake Views, and a range of spacious One and Two Bedroom Garden View Villas. On-site is the renowned MacKinnon Room Restaurant offering the very best of South Island cuisine, and the Explorer Bar and Lakefront Terrace where you can relax and enjoy the uninterrupted views of Lake Te Anau. The hotel offers the largest hotel based conference centre in the area, and its very own lakefront wedding chapel, plus extensive recreational facilities, including a spa, sauna, heated outdoor swimming pool and massage services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Distinction Te Anau Hotel and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Distinction Te Anau Hotel And Villas Fiordland National Park
- Distinction Hotel Te Anau