Honestly nothing wrong regarding the hotel itself. Large modern room, average cleaniness (dirty bathtube), fair restaurant, average price.
We stayed 3 nights, lake view rooms. First bad impression given when we saw that groups of tourists coming by bus for one night was considered more valuable than us (greatings, cocktail on arrival ...etc ...) I can understand that it is a big income for the hotel, but the same treatment should be given to all guests, especially when they stay long time and using hotel services as restaurant.
The big disapointment is coming from the billing policies: the hotel directly used my creit card details WITHOUT my permission and without notification after 2 days. During the checkout process I inform them that the sum requested was too low considering that we had diner at the hotel (expensive). I was told that the hotel use my credit card details 2 days before ... I told that it was not acceptable to have such behaviour (it is like taking money from my wallet if I left it in the hotel safe !!!!) but no apologize, no explanation. For this reason I definitively not recommand this hotel to traveller.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Te Anau Lake Front, a short stroll from the Te Anau Town Centre, Distinction Te Anau Hotel and Villas is perfectly situated for you to make the most of this beautiful area. Surrounded by extensive, colourful gardens and overlooking spectacular Lake Te Anau and the Fiordland ranges, this Hotel and Villa accommodation sets the tone for your stay in one of the world’s most breathtaking regions. Designed for your comfort, we offer 115 luxurious rooms, including Hotel rooms with Garden and breathtaking Lake Views, and a range of spacious One and Two Bedroom Garden View Villas. On-site is the renowned MacKinnon Room Restaurant offering the very best of South Island cuisine, and the Explorer Bar and Lakefront Terrace where you can relax and enjoy the uninterrupted views of Lake Te Anau. The hotel offers the largest hotel based conference centre in the area, and its very own lakefront wedding chapel, plus extensive recreational facilities, including a spa, sauna, heated outdoor swimming pool and massage services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Distinction Te Anau Hotel and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Distinction Te Anau Hotel And Villas Fiordland National Park
- Distinction Hotel Te Anau