“Great Experience!”

$92.46*
Half-Day Milford Track Guided Hiking Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Operating from Lake Te Anau, Trips & Tramps offers small group Milford Sound cruise and walking tours, guided day hikes on the Milford, Routeburn and Kepler Great Walks plus track transport. Our guides are friendly and down-to-earth, you'll love their fascinating commentary and entertaining kiwi stories.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Thank you Steve for a great trip to Milford. Trips & Tramps are great because the group size is smaller and you have the ability to bond with a local, ask questions, and make stops along the way throughout Fiordland National Park. This is a no brainer when it comes to visiting Milford.

Katiepai, Owner at Trips & Tramps, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for your kind words, glad you had a great day out.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Having heard horror stories of what the road to Milford sound can be like in the winter I looked into tour companies. I hate going on big buses with crowds so was very happy when I found Trips & Tramps. What a great service - they picked us up at our hotel (there was only one other couple on the tour), made all the cruise reservations (including for the underwater observatory), stopped at scenic vistas on the way as well as a few walks, and was very knowledgeable about the area. The boat cruise they select is on a smaller boat that doesn't cater to large tour groups so it is much more pleasant than the bigger boats. Milford sound itself was amazing!

Happy to hear you enjoyed our service. Yes we have to agree small is the best way to go, we like the personal service we can extend to our guests it adds so much to the day.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I booked Trips & Tramps Milford Sound cruise with the local i-site in Te Anau and it was the best thing I ever did. To be honest I picked the cruise tour because it was a 2.5hr cruise, pick-up & drop-off service, small tour groups, and you got to hike afterwards all for a $125. What I actually got was way more then I ever imagined. Our tour guide was punctual, very imforative of the area, knowledgable in the conservation of the wildlife, and very respectful of the land and people. He was so friendly that he was waiting for us at the docks after the cruise and asked questions about our trip! I got to hike on the Routeburn track afterwards and he picked me up and had cookies waiting for me. The owner of the hostel I was staying in town said that Trips & Tramps is one of the best tour outfitting company's in NZ and he was right. I couldn't have been more happier. I definently will be coming back. Highly recommended!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We went on a half day walk on the Milford Track with Trips and Tramps. We were staying in Milford Sound and the hike was organized via the Milford Sound Lodge. We were a family of four and there was only one other person on this trip. The hike was very easy and a slow pace as our guide pointed out interesting facts about the landscape and vegetation. This hike would be suitable for everyone regardless of your fitness level. You take a very short boat ride to what is actually the end of the Milford Track at Sandfly Point and then you complete your out and back walk

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We booked Trips & Tramps through our hotel (Radfords in Te Anu). Stephen was our driver and guide for the day. He was well informed about not only the Milford Sound area but about the bird and animal life and flora of the area. We stopped off on a couple of side trips on the drive to Milford Sound. We were a small group, fewer than 6, so we had the flexibility to stop along the route.