We visited with our extended family. Teenagers, Mum and Dad and grandparents. Their was one waitress and one cook. The waitress got our drinks order messed up. They had no spag bolognaise. When I asked how the potatoes were cooked I was advised "yes they are cooked". And when I asked what vegetables they had with the meal I was advised "yes, they are cooked too". Can't imagine raw potato and they weren't new like she said. They were actually microwaved lukewarm from previous day. We were nervous when we heard the microwave continually dinging. Microwave food from a restaurant! Our meals came out at different times. Two of our party had finished by the time the last meals came out. The lamb shank had been microwaved too long - it was like cardboard on one side. Very stringy and dry. The chips were disgusting - total fat - there was no potato left in them. We suspect they were left over from night before and reheated. There are heaps of eating options in Te anau. Don't go here.