“Worst meal I've had”

Add it.
Settlers Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We visited with our extended family. Teenagers, Mum and Dad and grandparents. Their was one waitress and one cook. The waitress got our drinks order messed up. They had no spag bolognaise. When I asked how the potatoes were cooked I was advised "yes they are cooked". And when I asked what vegetables they had with the meal I was advised "yes, they are cooked too". Can't imagine raw potato and they weren't new like she said. They were actually microwaved lukewarm from previous day. We were nervous when we heard the microwave continually dinging. Microwave food from a restaurant! Our meals came out at different times. Two of our party had finished by the time the last meals came out. The lamb shank had been microwaved too long - it was like cardboard on one side. Very stringy and dry. The chips were disgusting - total fat - there was no potato left in them. We suspect they were left over from night before and reheated. There are heaps of eating options in Te anau. Don't go here.

3  Thank nzp0ppy
There are newer reviews for Settlers Steakhouse

Reviewed January 4, 2012

the place itself is already fun to go, it really looks like a genuine western cowboy place. The food is excellent, look for their days special

Reviewed December 14, 2010

We stopped in at the Settlers Steakhouse looking for a decent home style meal at a half reasonable price. My wife ordered the Lamb Shank, which was so overcooked it was black and dry and tougher than the soles of my shoes. It also had no gravy with it, making a bad dish even worse.I ordered the black beer beef stew which was also awful.

1  Thank Keiramoo
Reviewed January 19, 2010

We had steaks here and they were truly awful. The worst cut and chewy as rubber.

1  Thank hdpxx
Reviewed December 30, 2008

Still looking for a good steak in NZ - this didn't deliver it. Service when it came was delivered by one guy serving the bar and waiting on tables and they overcharged for drinks but by this time we were glad to leave.

1  Thank djcj