“Not Quality...”

Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Te Anau
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open daily (except Christmas Day) for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Great coffee. Cabinet of homemade sweet treats. Vegetarian meals. Packed lunches for your day out. Kids Menu. Gluten Free options available.
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

So I don't know what was in my vegitarian pasta, but it made me really SICK. And I'm sure it was the food from Olive.

Food isn't cheep and not very good. Had the veggy burger two days before, nothing special....

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Decent coffee, lamb wraps were all good. The potato wedges were nice too. The setting is not at all pretentious, simply a very nice place to have a meal. The service was very good - friendly and helpful.

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled across this place while looking for somewhere to eat lunch on a winter's day. It appeared half the town was closed for the off season. The food was great. I had the seafood chowder and others had the soup if the day and the roast. Good feedback all around. We enjoyed our lunch and the free wifi so much that we came back for breakfast the next day.

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We popped into the Olive Tree for lunch on a wet winter's day.

The café was hopping with locals, which we figured was a pretty good sign (it was).

My companion ordered the chicken salad, which he said was excellent. I had the chicken baguette which was okay, but didn't knock my socks off. My companion must have felt otherwise, as he polished it off with no trouble.

The service was friendly and helpful, the one waitress managed to look after several full tables of customers with ease.

A good option in Te Anau.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Hadn't been for a while, but really enjoyed my lunch. Tasty soul food with the friendliest staff around. These guys have a good varied menu so you can't really go wrong. And the free wifi is great.