“So unhappy welcoming.”

Fiordland Great Views Holiday Park
Ranked #20 of 27 Specialty Lodging in Te Anau
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We are an israeli couple on our vacation in NZ. We called to book for one night at double room and asked about the price.
The women said 55$.
So we booked on the phone.
Then we came to the place.
The women at the reception act realy mean to us, i dont know why, maybe its because we are from Israel.
Later when we got the room we saw that we dont have blankets and sheets, so we caled the reception and told them. she said that it will coast us 10$ for blanket.
So we asked her why she didnt told us before when we did the booking,that the room doesnt contained sheets and blankets, and her answer was:"you should read it in our website if you like", and another some decry answer.
Me and my girlfriend felt so unrespectable. I dont know how people that runing a campsite can act so rude to the campers.
After all there is alot of campsite in Te Anau, look for some other place.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ashalev
stayfiordland, Owner at Fiordland Great Views Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Hello folks, thanks for writing a review, we have had some terrific people in from Israel staying here, I actually gave you a bedding package at no cost which you happily accepted when here as you had no bedding, so am a bit perplexed by your attitude about it as you were glad have it given to you for free!!, but never mind, please enjoy your stay in New Zealand.

There are newer reviews for Fiordland Great Views Holiday Park

Reviewed January 22, 2014

A huge thanks to the hosts for a super clean, warm and convenient holiday park. Our little cabin seemed virtually new, and for $55 per night we wanted for nothing. I appreciate the sheer amount of care this large site gets! Other reviewers possibly also demand that a Happy Meal guarantees happiness or that rothmans makes you an International Man of Pleasure.

Milford Sound was 1.75 hours away including 20 minutes behind a slower truck.

We will be back! And many thanks for looking for our lost keys and sending on the cutlery - we later found the keys!!

Room Tip: Our little one-room cabin was the cheapest. No fridge, tv. A walk to the communal kitchen fridges ma...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Came to camp here in a hurry to fit in the Milford sounds before travelling on and showed up and the man (assuming part owner) asks if I had a dog and I said "yes, we made prior arrangements weeks ago, and you said it was fine". Turns out it wasn't fine and I was in a scramble to find a new place that accepted dogs. Not very friendly staff, woman at front desk was very short and snappy and not very accommodating. Choose Aden Motel for the best service and very friendly people!! (very dog friendly)

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elddis123
stayfiordland, Owner at Fiordland Great Views Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thanks for your review, we are pet friendly except over the peak holiday times, as we have had no notification from you with your booking that you were travelling with a dog, we helped you on arrival by putting you in contact with the local Dog Kennels in Te Anau (which you did contact later) thanks

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom cabin for two nights. Cabins clean, bathroom facilities good, kitchen OK. Laundry facilities just across the lawn so gave us a chance to catch up with our washing. It is a little out of the town, so had to drive everywhere. "Great views" is a little deceiving...not that great and while the river was close the rubbish and grass detracted even from this view! Of all the places we stayed in NZ the welcome here was the coldest. Really felt we were not welcome. Bus picked us up from our doorstep for Milford Sound tour.

Room Tip: Cabins near laundry are good, not noisy but close to reception and able to keep an eye on washing fr...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AngeM2381
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We had a lovely stay here in November in our Maui Motorhome. Ended up extending our stay as it was convenient to all activities without being caught up in town. Facilities here were first class with great views and a very pleasant hostess. Very easy launching point for Milford or Doubtful Sounds.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a lovely, clean quiet site with good new facilities . We stayed two nights here in our camper van, large spaces and lovely views. Showers excellent and good washing machines with clothes lines adjacent. We booked a trip to Milford Sound from here and were collected outside the site. If we return to New Zealand we would definitely return here.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a very modern, clean and well built establishment ... but ... the woman who seems to be running the place is unbelievably bad at anything close to being called customer service skills! I had booked a kitchen unit for my son and I. A few days prior to setting off on our holiday, I noticed on the website that linen was not included. I rang the holiday park to ask what size beds there were as I would be bringing my own sheets. The response from the woman who answered the phone was very snappy, to say the least! "We provide the sheets!" To which I replied "But the website says ..." She then reiterated that sheets were included in the tariff and then basically hanged up on me. It seemed really strange to feel as though I'd been scolded at the same time as being informed that the kitchen unit was better value for money than the website advertised.

I recognised the voice of the woman on the phone as the same woman who 'greeted' us when we arrived at the holiday park. She gave me our key and showed me where the ablutions block was and then ... unbelievably said "there's a locked door in your unit which is the toilet. I will unlock that door for an additional nightly fee, or you can use the outside ablution block." I replied that we would not pay for the toilet door to be unlocked!

On our first night here, (which is tonight ... this is the first time I've felt the need to comment about an establishment while I'm still staying here) I cooked dinner but as there is no oven, I needed 2 frying pans. The information folder in our unit lists the costs of doing lots of things here ... $4 for this or $10 for that ... the hire of an electric frying pan is $6 but it's free to hire a stove top frying pan. I sent my son down to the office to ask to borrow a frying pan to which he was informed that we were not allowed to have a stove top frying pan as it would splatter over the kitchen and make a mess! I subsequently cooked our dinner using the one electric frying pan, with no cover. There was minimal splatter, which I easily cleaned up with a dish cloth. My son had the same look of disbelief on his face, upon returning from his visit to the office, as I had felt in my dealings with the woman who seems to be running this place!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Geoff H
stayfiordland, Front Office Manager at Fiordland Great Views Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Thanks for your review. It is standard practice to advise clients there is a bathroom available in the units on checking in, it is then their choice if they wish to upgade and make use of this rather than using the camp facilities, some upgrade and some don't which is fine. The hire of items is for use in the camp kitchen, where there are two ovens available for campers use. All kitchen units, self contained units and motels kitchens are well equipped for guest use. Once again thanks for your review we hope you enjoy your stay in Fiordland and our wonderful scenery.