Booked Radfords at the iSite in Queenstown, and I must say it was one of the nicest places we stayed in NZ. We were there for three nights while doing the Glow Worm Caves, Milford and Doubtful. I think it is definitely worth the trip from Queenstown - and a very easy and pretty 2 hour drive - rather than doing day trips from Queenstown.
We stayed in a luxurious and very spacious 2 bedroom apartment, with extremely comfortable beds and TVs in both bedrooms. The bathroom was lovely and clean with a great shower.
The manger Irene was a sweetheart and turned on the heating for us so the unit was warm for when we got back from our trips. 2 Laundries on site so we could get all our washing done. A brilliant place where I would definitely stay again.
Te Anau is VERY VERY quiet in August - the town is definitely NOT buzzing, but we ended up at The Ranch every night, and had lovely meals every time. Bailiez also looked nice and had a delicious lunch, but it didn't seem open in the evenings. Do watch out for that - quite a few places close down for the winter. Very glad we did Doubtful Sound as well as Milford. We saw wild dolphins, seals and penguins and it was much more peaceful, although I wouldn't have missed the dramatic beauty of Milford either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in style at Radfords on the Lake. Our well equipped units have a warm and luxurious feel. With attention to detail and complete commitment to your stay, our service is sure to make you feel welcome. Lake and mountain views from every suite and conveniently located close to the town centre. Look out for those little extras like candles, flowers, 50+ channel SKY TV and a great selection of DVDs for guests enjoyment. With guest laundry, continental breakfasts, kitchenette, off road parking, free wireless internet for use in your room, our aim is to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Winners of the NZ AA Supreme host of the year award 2013 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Radfords on the Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radfords Lakeview Hotel Te Anau
- Radfords Lakeview Te Anau
- Radfords On The Lake Te Anau, Fiordland National Park