1,075 results
All reviews holiday park the kitchen steamers single room milford sound across the road great facilities shared facilities clean facilities camper van lake view family unit town centre shared bathroom kepler track short walk great place to stay
Selected filters
Reviewed December 10, 2015

Booked two rooms for two nights. Our room was a double, and it was clean and well equipped, my only complaint would be the fitted covers on the bed. All the covers were fitted including the quilt so it was difficult to get comfy. My mother in law found it very tiresome as she had two single beds and just couldn't deal with the covers at all. It is probably for the convenience of the owners because it certainly isn't for the comfort of travellers. Also if you are staying some distance from reception you need to ask for the wifi code, they give you a card that is valid for 24 hrs but if you are staying longer you need to ask for a new one each day. They didn't mention this when we checked in.

Date of stay: November 2015
Reviewed December 9, 2015 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here. The rooms had great views & were a good size. We stayed in a studio room & were pleasantly surprised it came with a good sized kitchen & a spa as well. The laundry & dryer was also easily accessible. Town was also easily accessible by car.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2015

Always enjoying staying here. It's a beautiful spot, well laid out and with good and clean facilities. Great value.
We stayed in one of the Luxmore cabin rooms. Really liked having the balcony area to sit outside when it rained.

Date of stay: December 2015
Reviewed December 5, 2015

The park lies directly next to the lake Te Anau - the only convenience of that accommodation.
The rooms are very clairaudient and small, the beds are very small and not too comfortable.
Worst thing about it is that I booked a travel to Milford Sound together with a person that I got to know there on that travel. We were both doing the same trip - picked up by the same bus at the same time from the same location, doing the trip on the same boat at the same time and we were taken back to the same place with the same pick up at the same time. My friend had to pay 60 NZD more for the trip, we compared our receipts. When we went back to the ticket office at the Holiday park to complain, I was just told that I had a special offer and if I want I could afterwards pay more. That is no way how you can handle with customers. Furthermore, the price I paid was offered on a board from my arrival until I left, so this seems not to be true.
Totally unfriendly staff, not even willing to apologize for that.
Seeing so many accommodations from the road at Te Anau, there will probably be better ones.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
lyon82, Owner at Te Anau Lakeview Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2015

We appreciate your feedback. I believe that you chose to stay in a single room in the Backpackers. The beds in this area are of a typical single size with adequate inner sprung mattress, pillow and bedding provided.
On any activity, accommodation or flight , customers may pay different fares or tariffs. This is dictated by many factors including availability, time of booking and other special deals that may be on offer at the time.
Our staff provide information to guests so that with the information available they can make decisions which suit them and their budget the best .

Reviewed December 4, 2015

We stayed in Marakura Deluxe (Family) Room for 1-night on our way to Milford Sound. We used to stay at Te Anau Top 10 Holiday Park before but it was fully booked that night. So we decided to stay here instead.

The Marakura unit is the furthest property; which also mean the most privacy. The lake with that mountain backdrop view from the room is breathtaking, especially during the sunset. There is balcony but we don't bother going out since the car/lorry noise from the front highway can be very annoying.

The room/bathroom is clean & spotless. Some more it seems that this is their latest unit, so everything looked new & shiny. Our unit has 2 separate rooms with a converted sofabed in the living hall; good for 6 of us (3 Adults & 3 Kids). The kitchen is fully functional & complete with all the utensils we need. The only thing is that, this Holiday park is a little bit further from the town. But shouldn't be a deal breaker since most occupants have own transports.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the wonderful Units with that fantastic view.