Stayed at the lodge for three nights in January 2997. Very clean, well maintained (I do agree about the green furnishings but it was cosmetic) and functional property. We had a funny smell in our room that was apparently from a previous guest. It was a shame that they did/could ot get rid of it as we had to go and buy some spray to neutralise the smell (which was on and off ).
It is in a nice location, right in front of the lake (you need to cross a road to get to the foreshore, but it is not very busy) and about 10 minutes walk from the main street. There are no fly screens (a very odd thing we encountered throughout our whole trip to NZ) and so we had a few massive flies in the room at times but we got spray for that too!
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
There is a laundry on site that is very handy. You can wash for free and dry for $NZ3.
There are only 10 units so you don't feel bombarded with other people. There is apparently free broadband but we didn't try it out so I don't have any comments on that.
Te Anau is a very convenient location from which to visit Milford Sound and the area. The Lake itself is ok, nothing special. The restaurants we ate at were competent but on the expensive side. There is a fair number of restaurants in town for such a small town which I guess reflects the fact that lots of people use it as stopping place to visit the region.
Campbell Autolodge was not the newest place in town but it certainly did the job for our three night stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All apartments have been recently refurbished, has Ample Heating, Flat Screen LCD TVs with Sky television and Telephones in every apartment. The Bathrooms include a Shower and a full Bath with a separate Toilet. Free wireless internet and 24 hour guest laundry. All trips in the Fiordland Area can be arranged at no extra charge. Friendly Service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Fiordland Lakeview Motel and Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiordland Lakeview Motel And Apartments Hotel Te Anau
- Campbells On The Lake Hotel
- Fiordland Lakeview Motel And Apartments Te Anau, Fiordland National Park