I booked this place solely because of excellent reviews here. The lodge is right across from Lake Te Anau. Within walking distance to the city center. Each unit is like apartment unit. Ours was the last unit (#15) on the second floor which we thought was the best one. Kitchen was spotless and complete with all cooking utensils. They had dishwasher detergent for you to clean your dishes just in case you cook or use their coffee mugs. The bedroom was a bit outdated. Bathroom was old too but clean. Laundry room in the back is free to use afte 11 a.m. They even provide you with laundry detergent. The only thng that I wished would be different is having ironing table and iron inside each unit, not in the laundry room. So, we can iron our clothes at our own time.
Also, the girl in the reception was not very informative about booking us some tours. For instance, a guided walk for Mildford tracking. She only mentioned about one company which employs one of her friends. That happened to be fully booked. Good thing we saw a brochure of another company that offered the same thing but she said that she never dealt with them before in the past. So, we went and did the tracking. Awesome.
Also, lunch with Mildford cruise. She did not tell us that the cruise also sold sandwiches and other snacks that did not need to be pre-ordered. About NZ$7 for a sandwich and around NZ$3 for a cookie or a slice of cake, etc. The pre-ordered lunch cost us NZ$29 per person (about US$21). Expensive for a sandwich and fruits. Good thing we got the bento lunch but still it did not worth that much.
Free high speed internet. Just ask to borrow an internet cable. They only asked for NZ$10 refundable deposit.
Overall, I say it is one of the best lodge in Te Anau especially with unbeatable lake view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All apartments have been recently refurbished, has Ample Heating, Flat Screen LCD TVs with Sky television and Telephones in every apartment. The Bathrooms include a Shower and a full Bath with a separate Toilet. Free wireless internet and 24 hour guest laundry. All trips in the Fiordland Area can be arranged at no extra charge. Friendly Service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fiordland Lakeview Motel and Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiordland Lakeview Motel And Apartments Hotel Te Anau
- Campbells On The Lake Hotel
- Fiordland Lakeview Motel And Apartments Te Anau, Fiordland National Park