Stayed here for two nights last week. The hotel rooms are exactly like the photos so you know precisely what your getting. Except, for the noise from upstairs. You hear everything, running water, toilet flushing during the night waking you up, and footsteps. If possible get an upstairs room if your sensitive to noise. The road noise was not an issue at all, but probably because the place was like a ghost town due to the road to Milford being closed because of a landslide. We unfortunately missed our cruise which was a major disappointment since it was the only reason we were here to begin with. But, that is not the hotels fault.
The rooms have great heaters and we made good use of them. The only issue was with such small counter space. if you wanted to use the kettle and toaster you had to put them on the very narrow counter space/room divider, which left very little room for any food preparation. We did manage though.. The kitchens are very well equipped with everything you need, and a large fridge as well.
it is in an excellent location and an easy stroll into the centre of town with a wide choice of restaurants and a large grocery store. There is also a nice paved walkway along the edge of the lake.
Our first night was very uncomfortable as they had just painted and should not have let the room out until the smell was gone. We both had headaches from the smell. In the morning when we left for the day I told the cleaner about it and she aired out the room during the day and lit some scented candles. When we returned it was much improved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All apartments have been recently refurbished, has Ample Heating, Flat Screen LCD TVs with Sky television and Telephones in every apartment. The Bathrooms include a Shower and a full Bath with a separate Toilet. Free wireless internet and 24 hour guest laundry. All trips in the Fiordland Area can be arranged at no extra charge. Friendly Service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fiordland Lakeview Motel and Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiordland Lakeview Motel And Apartments Hotel Te Anau
- Campbells On The Lake Hotel
- Fiordland Lakeview Motel And Apartments Te Anau, Fiordland National Park