We stayed at Fiordland Lakeview Motel in Te Anau for 4-nights in April during a tour of New Zealand. We had booked a 1-bedroom apartment on the internet a number of months in advance of our visit. On arrival we met Grant who answered our lengthy questions about suitable tours etc. and then helped by booking them for us. He had allocated apartment 12 on the first floor to us and gave us maps and a carton of fresh milk which is a nice touch.
The best thing about the apartment has to be the amazing view over the lake - we enjoyed sitting on the balcony watching the helicopter and float plane take off. At night the road is very quiet but as the bedroom is at the back of the apartment there was no noticeable noise at all.
The apartment is a very good size with a bedroom at the back, separate toilet and bathroom (shower over a bath with plenty of hot water) and a very big living area with kitchen at the front facing the lake. The kitchen is well equipped with everything needed for a break including fresh coffee and a range of teas. The room is very comfortable at the end of a day with reclining comfy seats. In addition, free WiFi is included which is of a good speed and consistent signal. Some people have commented that the decoration is a bit tired or dated in the apartment which perhaps it is compared to other motels we have stayed in, but its location, comfort and size easily outweigh this and having such a helpful owner as Grant is a real benefit.
During our time we drove to Milford Sound and took the nature watching boat trip, went on an organised tour to Doubtful Sound (arranged by Grant) which was excellent and on our first night we visited the glowworm caves (also booked by Grant for us) which I would recommend for anyone (make sure you wear insect repellent on the island though - sandflies are everywhere but NOT in Te Anau).
We ate at 3-restaurants during our stay and self-catered on one evening (easy to do in the apartment). We’d recommend Keplers for fish, The Redcliff for steaks and The Fat Duck for an excellent roast lamb meal for two!
If you are in any doubt over where to stay in Te Anau - stop worrying and book an apartment at the Fiordland Lakeview Motel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All apartments have been recently refurbished, has Ample Heating, Flat Screen LCD TVs with Sky television and Telephones in every apartment. The Bathrooms include a Shower and a full Bath with a separate Toilet. Free wireless internet and 24 hour guest laundry. All trips in the Fiordland Area can be arranged at no extra charge. Friendly Service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Fiordland Lakeview Motel and Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiordland Lakeview Motel And Apartments Hotel Te Anau
- Campbells On The Lake Hotel
- Fiordland Lakeview Motel And Apartments Te Anau, Fiordland National Park