This is a nice clean place to stay with friendly hosts ( though some reviews are a bit OTT ) .
Pricey for what it is but good to be able to self cater. Described as "luxury" on the sign is pushing it though.
Upside: Out of town location and on the road to the Sound. Good space, tv and wifi
Down side: Spongy beds and very basic supplies ---i.e. one small coffee sachet for a large coffee plunger and no milk...(at these prices would be nice to be more generous). No oven just microwave and two electric rings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious well appointed cottages with superb views set on 10 acres, 1.5 Km from Te Anau on the road to Milford Sound. Cottages are self-contained self-catering. All cottages have free WiFi, all sky (cable) channels. Quality linen and fluffy robes. A very friendly german shorthaired pointer will greet you..And we have 2 cats and several friendly Dexter cows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Blue Thistle Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Thistle Cottages Hotel Te Anau
- Blue Thistle Cottages Te Anau, Fiordland National Park