A standard hotel that mainly seems to cater to tour groups. However, the location near the lake was great, and like at many other places on our Feb '05 trip, we were automatically upgraded to a larger room without asking (probably because we were among the few guests not part of a tour group). The breakfast buffet was ok - there are several better places close by if you don't have to eat super early.
The staff was excellent at booking tours for us, and the laundry was cheap and convenient to use. Overall a good place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the town, Distinction Luxmore Hotel is a popular choice with both visitors and locals alike. Basing yourself in Te Anau enables you to easily explore Milford Sound and the Fiordland World Heritage National Park. Distinction Luxmore has 180 rooms offering Standard, Superior & Deluxe rooms and suites, some with spa bath as well as wheelchair accessible rooms. Free unlimited WiFi, parking and gym. Guest Laundry facilities. Elevators on every floor. Two on site Restaurants and Bars and Conference facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Distinction Luxmore Hotel Lake Te Anau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Distinction Luxmore Te Anau
- Hotel Distinction Luxmore
- Distinction Luxmore Hotel Lake Te Anau Fiordland National Park