Distinction Luxmore Hotel Lake Te Anau
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsmilford soundone nightcoach tourmiddle of townsuperior roombuffet breakfastcentral locationtwo double bedslobby arearoom was largenew zealandthe main streetsmall townglow worm cavesfree wifiguest laundryreal journeys
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stayed in a standard room that had not been updated -possible ever! The restroom was so gross I didn't want to take off my shoes. The beds linens, light fixtures, carpet and appliances all looked like forgotten relics from the 1970s. I would not stay there again and suggest you look elsewhere as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah F
Kevin D, Manager at Distinction Luxmore Hotel Lake Te Anau, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. Our standard rooms are our run of house rooms and i do agree they are in a need of an update which we do have scheduled for this year. This is however reflected in the price you pay for the room. We have other rooms options available for a slightly higher price. If you are making your way to Te Anau in the future, please do get in touch with me.

Kevin D'Souza

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Excellent location in centre of town. Handy to lake. Close to a lakefront walk. Friendly staff and good dining. WiFi available in lobby. Very busy but staff not flustered at all. would recommend and would go there again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. I am glad you had an enjoyable stay in Te Anau and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed two seperate nights here. Both rooms were lovely. Clean, comfortable and after staying at milford sound , an absolute pleasure.
The hotel was right in the middle of town so we just walked to shops and dinner. Very convenient. Highly recommend this one.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Kevin D, Manager at Distinction Luxmore Hotel Lake Te Anau, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read you had an enjoyable stay and found your room comfortable and clean. Our central location is very convenient indeed. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

stayed 2 nights before and after kayak trip. The difference in rooms and service was enormous. First room was Ok, second room was good. Lady at the desk was not unfriendly, but completely uninterested. Every question was bounced back, made me feel that it was my problem and she had no intention to help solve it. Second time around very friendly service with a smile

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Matthijs,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. I am glad you found your rooms comfortable and spacious. My apologies once again for your initial experience with one of our staff members. Thank you for replying to my email as it has helped me indentify and rectify the issue. I hope this hasnt imapcted on your stay much and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kevin D'Souza

Reviewed February 1, 2014

My Wife and I ar here for 2 days. The food is excellent, and the venison casserole was the best I have tasted in a long while. Meat was tender and tghe sauce was very smooth and pleasing. The rooms are comfortable, but do not have Air Conditioners. I found it hard to go to sleep but by 2300 the temperatures were in the single digits (c).

The only drawback to the hotel is slow internet access and the only in the lobby is the internet accessible, and it is slow.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kevin D, Manager at Distinction Luxmore Hotel Lake Te Anau, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. I am glad you found your room comfortable and enjoyed your meal in Bailiez. Its very rare to have hot days here in Te Anau, with most guests requiring heaters even in summer months. Hence we do not have air conditioning in rooms but do have fans available for use. My apologies about the interent, we are in process of getting this fixed. We look forward to welcoming you back.