Great place to base yourself. From here you can do day trips to Doubtful and Milford sound, Plus a lot of great hikes. I stayed in a four bed dorms. its a nice sized room. Walls quite thin but with ear plugs I got a great sleeps. Great kitchen, lounge, drying room and t.v room.
Did have a problem with one of the washing machine. After a couple of days hiking was looking forward to clean clothes. But after a cycle my clothes come out smelling of oil and with oil spots. Showed staff, but they were not too concerned and asked if I had oil in my pocket that I forgot to take out(dont often carry motor oil in my pockets). After washing clothes again in other machine at my own cost, got most of the spots and smell out. Guessing a seal in the machine had leaked.
Would stay there again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the edge of the Fiordland National Park, YHA Te Anau is the perfect location to access some of the world famous New Zealand tramps. This Qualmark 4+ star rated hostel will impress you with its homely atmosphere and cosy accommodation just a block from the shores of Lake Te Anau. Our lounge has a fireplace and offers plenty of couch space to sink into with a book or while watching one of our free movies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your YHA Te Anau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yha Te Anau Hotel Te Anau
- YHA Te Anau Fiordland National Park