the owners are very friendly and helpful.......the rooms are really unique, spacious and seperated from the mainhouse with the kitchen. you have to walk a bit every day up the hill to prepare your food, but the views make it worth it. every room comes ensuite which is pretty handy as well. the views amazing!!!! would have stayed longer....go there in wintertime!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suited to any visitor to Te Anau, Gateway to Milford and Doubtful Sound. Quality, affordable and comfortable, guests are accommodated in private-ensuite rooms or a choice of 3-6 bed ensuite-dorm or family rooms (no bunks) All rooms are in log cabin-type units, have TV, made up beds and heating, separate from the activity of the handcrafted rustic lodge which houses the dining/lounge area with wood fire, hot water laundry and brand new purpose built modern kitchen. Set to the uninterrupted spectacular rural, and Fiordland mountain views, on an elevated small deer farm between Te Anau and Manapouri. Quiet relaxed setting on spacious grounds. Offstreet Parking. Free daily WiFI allowance. Car/Gear storage, Kepler Track drop off. Some camping available, full use of hostel facilities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Barnyard Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barnyard Backpackers Hotel Te Anau
- Barnyard Backpackers Te Anau, Fiordland National Park