Ways to Experience Milford Sound
from $32.20
from $48.30
from $167.90
4,865 results
All reviews new zealand mitre peak homer tunnel south island southern discoveries nature cruise long drive boat trip real journeys underwater observatory sunny day tasman sea hour drive mirror lake saw seals bucket list on the rocks
Reviewed December 8, 2014

Milford Sound never fails to amaze & thrills me. Although the weather was a little overcast in this trip, we were lucky not to have a heavy downpour. A slight drizzle and a little sun came out to greet us occasionally. The scenery and the cruise ride always wow-ed me. I will want to come back again and again!

Reviewed December 7, 2014

We visited New Zealand in the last week of october and reached Queenstown on 31st Oct, 2014. Queenstown itself is a peaceful quiet town at the foothills of the southern alps with the beautiful wakatipu lake adding on to its beauty. On 1st Nov, we had a coach trip to Milford Sound which we had booked through the scenic pacific tours. The journey was amazingly picturesque and we stopped at quite a few places for quick photos and coffee at small local cafes like at Te Anau which is yet another beautiful small town. We also stopped outside the Homer tunnel carved through the rocky mountain. At Milford Sound, we had a cruise through the Juicy cruises. The views were breathtakingly beautiful. The lunch provided on the cruise was not upto the standard but everything else more than compensated for that. Only for lunch we were sitting inside else we preferred standing on the deck to experience the full open view. At one point , when we were standing on the lower deck and approaching the Tasman Sea the waves became quite violent and the thrill of being their on the rocking lower deck while trying to balance ourselves and the waves coming and almost hitting us was really exciting. Once the turbulence reduced we went to the upper deck.It was mildly drizzling and we could see thousands of waterfalls on the mountain faces as we were slowly sailing towards the Tasman Sea. Our captain took the catamaran very close to a huge waterfall and few of us standing on the deck could experience the water from the huge falls splashing at our faces.The atmosphere was misty, the views all around us magical and the overall experience mind blowing. I only wish the cruise continued for a little longer.

Reviewed December 7, 2014

Milford Sound is a place worth visiting. You will be able to see beautiful islands as you cruise in the Milford. Some islands have tall cliff with waterfalls which is especially breath-taking when view from the cruise. The view after raining the night before as you can see many "small waterfalls" (only appear after rain) as you cruise in Milford Sound. In addition, you can also see seals during the cruise.

Reviewed December 7, 2014

I booked my trip through inter city with awesome NZ. By the looks of things I payed a little more than others but it was well worth it. There was also a little confusion as this bus comes from Queenstown first so e staff on sitE were not sure about my pick up. That said all went well.
The drive out was wonderful we stopped along the way for photo opportunities. The road was a challenge & descending from the homer tunnel was steep. I'm glad I took a coaches their than driving myself.
The views on the boat were amazing & the come try was very good too. It was a calm day so we went right under the waterfalls & managed to get very wet :-) we also managed to see fur seals & the penguins too which made our day. Lunch was included & we had free tea & coffee on board which was a nice touch. It's a must do trip
Would recommend you do it from Te Anau rather than queens town. You save yourself 4 hours on a coach

1  Thank MollyMay50
Reviewed December 7, 2014

Milford Sound has earned its reputation as a key attraction in the Fiordland region. The drive from Te Anau is one of the most spectacular I've experienced, and the sound itself is just breathtaking. We opted for a morning kayak tour - a boat took us out to Stirling Falls and we kayaked back - which was an excellent choice.

2  Thank passion2explore